• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
JOC (James O'Connor) was interesting on TRC tonight. First - his hair was significantly better than we've seen recently (and it was still bad).
second - his deflection of the Quade question was interesting - i thought he looked pissed off being asked about it, but held it well. he replied "well i haven't been in the camp and around the boys (followed by a deft deflection and change of topic)."
personally, i thought JOC (James O'Connor) didn't agree with QC (Quade Cooper) and the comments from QC (Quade Cooper) annoyed him.
JOC (James O'Connor) for all his pretty boyness seems to me a hard worker who is wholly aware of the fact that getting to play that beautiful rugby can take time in a team as players slowly gel. I also think he's the sort of player who recognizes every moment isn't a moment to chance your arm with a crazy play. he's on numerous occasions had to bail out quade's dumbass plays (think irish intercept, quade's mishandling of the ball in the endzone i think against the ABS).
i think quade is largely on his own - maybe beale with him a bit.i dont know though.
anyways - this was a great edition of the rugby club. my god that was annoying how they pussyfooted around quade the other week.

Why end the speculation there?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The could always get JOC (James O'Connor) to sing 'Stay, just a little bit longer' to QC (Quade Cooper) after seeing him in that suit tonight.

T

TOCC

JOC (James O'Connor) was interesting on TRC tonight. First - his hair was significantly better than we've seen recently (and it was still bad).
second - his deflection of the Quade question was interesting - i thought he looked pissed off being asked about it, but held it well. he replied "well i haven't been in the camp and around the boys (followed by a deft deflection and change of topic)."
personally, i thought JOC (James O'Connor) didn't agree with QC (Quade Cooper) and the comments from QC (Quade Cooper) annoyed him.
JOC (James O'Connor) for all his pretty boyness seems to me a hard worker who is wholly aware of the fact that getting to play that beautiful rugby can take time in a team as players slowly gel. I also think he's the sort of player who recognizes every moment isn't a moment to chance your arm with a crazy play. he's on numerous occasions had to bail out quade's dumbass plays (think irish intercept, quade's mishandling of the ball in the endzone i think against the ABS).
i think quade is largely on his own - maybe beale with him a bit.i dont know though.
anyways - this was a great edition of the rugby club. my god that was annoying how they pussyfooted around quade the other week.

For a second there I could have guessed you were a Rebels fan...you're like some kind of psychic!!!

ag0044

Frank Row (1)
I'm not a JOC (James O'Connor) fan, but I was quite impressed with his performance tonight. Certainly a whole different feel to the previous week's guest.

Two points stood out to me. First, I think he said that players need a break in playing. Absolutely (and I wonder if that isn't part of the Wallabies' current problems).

Second, he said that he'd been up to Queensland to see some grass-roots junior rugby. While I have no problem with that, it would have been wonderful to hear him say that he'd also been to a similar game in Victoria.

ag0044

Frank Row (1)
there's nothing on in Victoria

[sarcasm mode ON] Now the AFL is finished, you are so correct! [sarcasm mode OFF]

Yes, I realise that. But he's had quite a few weeks off, and it would have done wonders for the locals (seniors as well as juniors) to have him out there with them. A few appearances here and there, just on the touch-line, watching and a few pep-talks perhaps. Little things like that would help grow the game in this heathen, AFL-obsessed place. [Hmm, soapbox mode OFF?]

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I can't believe i'm saying this..........but I was eating up JOC (James O'Connor)'s cocksure enthusiasm tonight.

I'm sick of feeling like a beaten pack of curs. I want some of our verve and swagger back.

ag0044

Frank Row (1)
No messing around.

In the "Once Were Wallabies" segment, Gavin is talking about the back-row plays they used against England in 1991. He's on the ground, the ref blows for a scrum. Gavin gets up and, by the time he gets to the back of the scrum, they're already packed down. No messing around in those days.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
any chance G&GR can have it up on the site like the quade cooper interview? I can't watch videos on foxsports cause im in the USA .

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Could you imagine if Ron Burgundy took over the hosting duties to interview James O'Connor.

Not sure I could tell the difference

tumblr_m3og7iAREG1qlz0ado1_500.jpg

ca09b9640f8e11e28bf022000a1d035d_7.jpg

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Foxtel Guide shows Total Rugby starting back at 8pm on Thursday 14th Feb with a show called Rugby HQ (the Rugby Club?) following from 8.30pm - 9.30pm.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Foxtel Guide shows Total Rugby starting back at 8pm on Thursday 14th Feb with a show called Rugby HQ (the Rugby Club?) following from 8.30pm - 9.30pm.

The rugby club used to be called something different a couple of years ago, maybe it's another rebrand?

I think the league one's called League HQ, maybe they want a common thread running through their original programming?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Sean Maloney (plays of the week fame) tweeted last week that the show would have a new format and new segments.

Perhaps it will have a new name as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.