• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Ok this isn't the right place for it, but I REALLY need to have a whinge that Foxtel on Xbox doesn't actually give you a single damn thing in regards to the Rugby. WTF? Why would they not include that?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
they do not have the internet rights to rugby.
Aha. Do you know who does?

And does that mean that punters are forced to a position where they have to either fork up huge dough for a full package or look to the greyer areas of the interwebs?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
From http://www.superxv.com/contact/index.asp
Q: Where can I watch Super Rugby online ?
A: Superxv.com does not stream matches online. Rugbyzone used to stream Super Rugby online but they stopped trading at the end of 2010. At this stage we do not know of a legal/illegal replacement for Rugbyzone where fans can watch Super Rugby online. If you find a way to watch it online and we have not listed it please do let us know and we will spread the word!
Incidentally, the "official" website of Super Rugby, www.superrugby.com, doesn't appear anywhere in the first 40 results on Google. www.sanzarrugby.com does, but this is a piss-poor effort from SANZAR and the member codes.
It also looks from the official superrugby.com that the host nations have been locked out of IPTV by their broadcast deals. Is this correct?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
that has nothing to do with it, I thought it did but with Foxtel now allowing Foxsports 1, 2 & 3 on Foxtel GO it would appear not.
Soo...any ideas? Are they just trying to push people away from Xbox onto full subscriptions? Because that would appear f%$#ing daft to me.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you have an iPad and a good mate they could let you register your device for their Foxtel GO service.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Saying Johnny Wilkinson should tour, this show needs to pull their heads out of each others ass and actually watch some European rugby. It's bad enough they get there info off the bias English and not spread it around to find out what's going on in all four nations instead of one.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Saying Johnny Wilkinson should tour, this show needs to pull their heads out of each others ass and actually watch some European rugby. It's bad enough they get there info off the bias English and not spread it around to find out what's going on in all four nations instead of one.

To be fair, I think the point was made that the touring team would benefit from having a former Lions player like Wilko in the entourage, in an appropriate capacity, but not as a player.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
To be fair, I think the point was made that the touring team would benefit from having a former Lions player like Wilko in the entourage, in an appropriate capacity, but not as a player.

Absolutely.

A) He knows all the good night spots in Australia already.

B) He is very popular amongst the ladies and will no doubt help secure some female company for some of the less outgoing/ugly/front rower members of the touring party.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, i have given up on the show. Anything worth knowing can be found online the next day.
The thing i hate most about the show is how scripted and controlled it is. You watch some of he AFL and League shows and they actually have some real debates on different things not just reading from the auto cue. Its and hour long show They could do so much more that the crap they are putting out.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Get foxtel. If rugby was on normal tv I wouldn't have fox. Just do it. I have the full thing but you could probably get a sports pack for 60 bucks or something.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The thing i hate most about the show is how scripted and controlled it is. You watch some of he AFL and League shows and they actually have some real debates on different things not just reading from the auto cue. Its and hour long show They could do so much more that the crap they are putting out.
Spot on mate. They need healthy debate. Not a pie in the face!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes, i have given up on the show. Anything worth knowing can be found online the next day.
I walked out when Cannon was "talking" to Dennis on his third statement masquerading as a question - why get a guest in and then pose leading, and motherhood, questions to him?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Get foxtel. If rugby was on normal tv I wouldn't have fox. Just do it. I have the full thing but you could probably get a sports pack for 60 bucks or something.
Yeah I got the bare minimum I had to to get the Rugby. Basic package plus sports for probably around $60 as you suggest. But then the HD channels are not that much more but the picture is soooo much better. And then since you've got access to so much HD rugby you may as well pay the little bit extra to get the recorder box thingy. Then all of a sudden you're paying around $90 a month. It really pisses me off but there's no alternative (other than not watching).

That's how they getcha!

It's hard to justify to the missus and I know that if we have to tighten the purse strings at any stage, the foxtel will be the first to go sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.