• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also, this is the first time I've watched the Rugby Club in full this season.

I don't get all the hate for Canno's pie segment. It is completely stupid but it goes for 30 seconds. It seems a petty thing to whinge about.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Have to say is there anything better than Matt Dunning waddling in full flight! Those two intercepts where brilliant from the big man

Troy

Jim Clark (26)

I don't get all the hate for Canno's pie segment. It is completely stupid but it goes for 30 seconds. It seems a petty thing to whinge about.

I get the impression some people just need to have a whinge and they'll whinge about anything..maybe they're British..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't know what it is about that segment but I can't stand it and it annoys me that it's included. I'm not British, I just don't like it - all 30 secs of it. I know it shouldn't bother me. I think it's just one of those things like an irrational pet peeve. My best guess is that it makes the Rugby Club feel just a little bit like the Footy Show, even if it's just for 30 secs. That's a horrible thought. I don't want the show to be all serious talk and analysis. Some humour is good. But pie in the face gags are just a bit insulting. If that's what they think we are after then yeah I find that annoying. :confused:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe they could improve it by using the hosts.

Kearns for the Tahs, Canno for the Force, Kafe for the Brumbies, Marto for the Reds and McCardle by default can represent the Rebels.

I'm sure the detractors would hate it less if one of the hosts was getting the pie in the face every week.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Maybe they could improve it by using the hosts.

Kearns for the Tahs, Canno for the Force, Kafe for the Brumbies, Marto for the Reds and McCardle by default can represent the Rebels.

I'm sure the detractors would hate it less if one of the hosts was getting the pie in the face every week.

I heard once that he's Victorian and went to Skevs. Could be BS though.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm probably the one who has complained about the segment most on here. It's not that it last 30 seconds, it’s the fact that it’s included at all. It's moronic. Is that what they think entertains us? Says a bit about what they think of us.

Rugby HQ has to decide which end of the spectrum it's on. Is it AFL360 or is it the Footy show? You can't be both. The show doesn't have to be serious. I love Sean Maloney's segment and his enthusiasm.

I use to like the panel members giving their tips for the week on which teams would win, now they’re just replaced it with beating odds from one of their sponsors.

Apart from that, I have been enjoying the show. They’re had a good number of guests on the show lately.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Ok Rugby HQ, if you have Scott Quinell on again can you please have subtitles ;)

Edit: great now I'm thinking what Kearnsie's thinking

Sorry p.Tah, but I call bullshit on the need for subtitles.

Scott Quinell was speaking English and he's from an English-speaking nation..

Not all Welsh people speak Welsh; similarly Irish (Irish gaelic), Scots (Scottish gaelic), English (Cornish), Canadians (French), kiwis (Maori), saffers (Afrikaans),etc.

Do you need subtitles for kiwi or saffer commentators, or for TV programmes (or as they spell it "programs") or films from septica? I think not.

As for thinking what Kearnsie's thinking, that's another problem.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Intentionally wasting food is just lacking in class. That is my beef with that segment and whether it be 30 seconds or 30 minutes it will not change that. Far to many people can't access food to survive so when some idiot intentionally wastes it, it gets up my nose. It lacks respect.

P

Paradox

Sorry p.Tah, but I call bullshit on the need for subtitles.

Scott Quinell was speaking English and he's from an English-speaking nation..

Come on mate. Quinnell was being extremely cocky in the segment as was Greenwood. Kearnsy quite rightly took the piss out of him. The Pom, Taffs, Sweaties and Micks take the piss out of the Aussie accent at every opportunity.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having worked on similar sports shows, what depresses me is that this "pie in the face" idea has managed to work it's way from some lowly producer, through the ranks, not shot down by the presenter involved (Canno), and is now a feature on a television show in the year 2013.

It's very sad.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm not sure why people get the shits with this pie segment that is only a minute long. Watching Reunion as well as Rugby HQ, I would like to see more analysis and discussion of the teams and form players, who was Rod Kafer's, or Nathan Sharpe, or any other person's XV of the week, and a Wallaby watch type segment.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't get why people think that the length of the pie in the face segment makes it not shit or at the very least tolerable.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Intentionally wasting food is just lacking in class. That is my beef with that segment and whether it be 30 seconds or 30 minutes it will not change that. Far to many people can't access food to survive so when some idiot intentionally wastes it, it gets up my nose. It lacks respect.

I think (in terms of food wasting) the rugby club and this segment are way down the list.

almost half the food produced never makes it to a dinner plate http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/jan/10/half-world-food-waste

And it is starting to look pointless to even consider collecting the unsellable food (mainly cosmetic or close to expiry dates) in order to feed the poor and or homeless. Why? because moves are afoot in places to make giving food to the homeless illegal. Don't want those filthy people mucking up the neighbourhood ya know. http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...eless-banned-in-major-cities-all-over-america

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If they are going to persist with this segment."Canno" should at least be in a dress. There's not much point in doing it "1/2 Mungo".

Maybe some sexist/homophobic jokes and a black face routine will see them reach their full mungo potential.........

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Like the look of the new Wallabies jersey Will Genia unveiled tonight. Good viewing this week, enjoyed the segment on Sunnybank in Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.