• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Demo now on Ps3 store for free. Pretty good, they fixed all the bugs from 08 from what i can see. Not sure what sort of supergame people expect but i'm happy with it. It is a revamped rugby08 with better breakdown and good graphics.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I think its absolute garbage;

Rucks are way too slow and unrealistic, takes too long for players to get there and support and trying to get the ball out takes way too long.

Penalties take too long to take, by the time the tap and go button pops up on your screen the defensive line is already back 10 metres.

I really don't see any form of improvement they've done since the rugby 2008 game?

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
It seems pretty close to EA Rugby games. I played once, and smashed the poms 28 - nil in the first half. Morne Steyn scored two cracking tries.

Hopefully they have the world league mode where you start with a shitty team and can trade players and make a super team.

It's a bit too easy to spread it wide and sidestep the fullback.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The demo is set to "easy", so the gaps should be easy to find. Unfortunately they have only got the world cup mode on this game, but i would hope in the future (2012) they release another game with some sort of manager mode.

That is why a lot of people will buy rugby challenge as well/instead. It has the super15, currie cup, ITM cup, Top14 and Aviva Premiership. It will be a better long term buy. The main question is who will have the better gameplay as to who wins outright between the two games. I'll probably end up buying both because i want to support both companies to keep going.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'll buy both, too, but not for the companies. I just want to play both :p

T

TheNextBigThing

Didn't mind the demo.

Nothing's changed since 05. Only problem was the camera, there was no option to use the angle that shifts the view to behind the attacking team makes it hard to tackle (for those of us who suck).

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
I picked up Word Cup Rugby yesterday and had a crack last night. It's pretty fun, but having no All Blacks or Wallabies is a tad shite.

My biggest peeve with it is, there is no option in game to change your defensive formation from rucks, scrums and mauls. Knowing that the opposition will kick it long and not being able to send your wingers back sucks. I forgot which EA rugby had it but you could have wide defense, tight defense, normal and kick return.

Not sure if i could be arsed changing the names of the Wallabies squad to the correct names or not, yet. There are no obvious ways to share rosters either.

If there are any ps3 players, we should share psn names and do battle. Maybe start a competition!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I could maybe forgive Rugby WC for all its short comings if the rucks weren't so goddamn slow.

Whats the point of trying to suck in the opposing team if you can't recycle/spread it wide quickly!

But, Rugby Challenge comes out next Friday!

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Haven't been down to EB to pick up the the Rugby WC game but I am very hesitant after reading some of these comments. Who would recommend it? if not might just wait for rugby challenge as I can't stand games that don't have the wallabies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can someone upload the Australian team in the RWC game? I want to see the developers idea of generic Australian names.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Apparently people have already got hold of Rug Chug from mightyape, so jealous right now. I go on holiday the day Rug Chug comes out in the UK :(

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I pre-ordered it the other day, looks like I might get it by early next week. Goodbye uni and social life in September/October

T

Train Without a Station

Just purchased RWC 2011. Extremely disappointed. Massive step backwards from EA Rugby 08. A few generic aussie names are Quaker, Marcum, Banker, Dyson, Quinton.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Played world cup rugby yesterday at EB games. Didn't like it at all.... Really though it could better. But did put down $10 hold on rugby challenge. 2 weeks away but could come earlier....

EB games fellas said it is aolt better, with more features....

Status
Not open for further replies.