• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2019

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 253

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Aussies got a good draw in this one.

Tin foil time:

Are the quarterfinal cross-overs (e.g. Pools A v D, or A v B, etc.) determined before the balls are pulled out of the porcelain?

Or can World Rugby rig it now to best advantage?

TV match-ups, keep the potentially bigger audiences deeper into the finals … dot, dot, dot

I think the format has been exactly the same for the last four RWCs.

QF1: Winner pool B vs runner-up pool A
QF2: Winner pool C vs runner-up pool D
QF3: Winner pool D vs runner-up pool C
QF4: Winner pool A vs runner-up pool B

SF1: Winner QF1 vs winner QF2
SF2: Winner QF3 vs winner QF4

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Wiki has the finals draw published as follows
Thanks, but Wikipedia is only as good as the referenced souces. Nothing there.

I could edit the page now and change it another way. :)

Clicking on Note 9 delivers a 404 error. - There must be a WR (World Rugby) doc somewhere.

I think the format has been exactly the same for the last four RWCs.
You would think that makes sense.

But has something explicitly stating that been officially published?

If it has, it's hard to find.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ha ha ha ha, I just read a Jim Tucker article - Dick Graham is the Georgia backs coach.

I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for them...

This is merely the first phase of our plan - he will work his way up the ranks, destroying opposition teams from the inside until he gets to the All Blacks HC position. From here, he will quietly dismantle the on and off-field departments, introducing arrogance, nepotism and shitty play into the NZRFU and All Blacks to help the Wallabies finally reclaim the Bledisloe Cup. You see, he is on our side. I mean, just look at his face - his smile disguises his true intentions:

5bb955ceef963afd583c8c653ffdd74c

RedsHappy, we found a use for him - he is an Agent of Evil in the service of the ARU.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
anyone got a rough take on most likely final groupings? asking for a friend. ps just putting finishing touches on Official IRB website. psp doesnt have to be actually entirely accurate. might still biff a Laos etc in there

Pool A:
Ireland
Scotland
Japan
Europe 1 (Romania)
Playoff winner

Pool B:
New Zealand
South Africa
Italy
Africa 1
Repechage winner

Pool C:
England
France
Argentina
Americas 1 (USA/Canada)
Oceania 2 (Samoa)

Pool D:
Australia
Wales
Georgia
Oceania 1 (Fiji)
Americas 2 (USA/Canada)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think you could predict USA should be Americas 1 and in Pool C.
Canada USA 2 in Pool D.
Fiji - Oceania 1
Samoa - Oceania 2
Europe 1 - Romania
Africa 1 - Namibia
Playoff Winner - Tonga
Repechage Winner - Uruguay on past form.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
thanks mate, you're the best. well, 2nd best after me. although I will be 15,000th best after I publish this website. oh god it is a race relations shocker #choppers_over_the_pitcairns

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope we don't have the exact same teams as 2015. Kenya and Zimbabwe were both very close to qualifying ahead of Namibia last time so perhaps one of them could come through as Africa 1 this time.

I also think Spain are a decent chance of getting through, either by beating Tonga in the playoff or more likely winning the repechage. They have quite a few professional players in France - most only play for them sporadically so they're not often at full strength, and probably a number of others who are eligible through parents or grandparents that might put their hand up if Spain were to be so close to qualifying (Russia are still a chance at beating them to the playoff spot).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I also think Spain are a decent chance of getting through, either by beating Tonga in the playoff or more likely winning the repechage. They have quite a few professional players in France - most only play for them sporadically so they're not often at full strength, and probably a number of others who are eligible through parents or grandparents that might put their hand up if Spain were to be so close to qualifying (Russia are still a chance at beating them to the playoff spot).

05fqwQz.jpg