• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2019

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
You have way too much time on your hands.

I split what I have in my hands at any given time a clean 50/50. 50% time, 50% dick.

I made the whole website at work so can’t very well have 50% dick in my hands at work now can I?

Answer that one and stay fashionable.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
anyone got a rough take on most likely final groupings? asking for a friend. ps just putting finishing touches on Official IRB website. psp doesnt have to be actually entirely accurate. might still biff a Laos etc in there

Pool A:
Ireland
Scotland
Japan
Europe 1 (Romania)
Playoff winner (Tonga)

Pool B:
New Zealand
South Africa
Italy
Africa 1 (Going bold and saying Kenya)
Repechage winner (Staying bold and saying ze Germans)

Pool C:
England
France
Argentina
Americas 1 (USA)
Oceania 2 (Samoa)

Pool D:
Australia
Wales
Georgia
Oceania 1 (Fiji)
Americas 2 (Canada)

My picks for remaining teams in pools in red

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I split what I have in my hands at any given time a clean 50/50. 50% time, 50% dick.

I made the whole website at work so can’t very well have 50% dick in my hands at work now can I?

Answer that one and stay fashionable.

Is this where I drop in a joke about the ARU? No I guess you'd need to have your dick in your hands a lot longer for that?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
My picks for remaining teams in pools in red
Kenya and Germany eh. Will have to update website once you type out info blurb for me. Don’t forget to write it in the voice of a horrifically racist Japanese man

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The thing I find most amazing about this is that angelfire still exists. It's like a glimpse back into the past of the internet.
I was amazed too. Gave up on wix.com due to the whole place having the drag and paste yips, seriously it is infuriating as all hell to even type and save 1 fuckign paragraph and load up a photo at that piece of shit webshite.

So got to thinking what was the first freebie website I used? Angelfire for the punk rock mail order website www.buycrime.org that vanished overnight with everyones $$ including my $17 so it was hello revenge homepage.

At least 15 years ago now.

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/buycrime/

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tonga 30-26 Samoa to draw level with them on combined points in the Pacific Nations Cup 2016 & 2017.

Series leaders Fiji host Tonga next week then travel to Apia on July 15.

Current points:

Fiji 8 (played 2 matches)
Samoa 5 (3)
Tonga 5 (3)

Winner qualifies as Oceania 1 & for Pool D with Australia & Wales, runner-up as Oceania 2 & for the "Pool of Death" with England, France, and Argentina.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...onga-down-samoa-in-pacific-nations-cup-opener

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
USA confirmed as Americas 1 qualifier:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/usa-book-world-cup-spot-in-style/

They'll be in Pool C with England, France, Argentina & Oceania 2. Canada can still qualify for Pool D with Australia, Wales, Georgia & Oceania 1 as Americas 2 by beating whoever ends up being the best side (other than Argentina) from the Central & South American qualifying process.

Bit of a double edged sword for the Eagles. Bragging rights for the win but placed in a very hard pool opposed to whoever qualifies for the Americas 2 spot.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks games:

All Blacks v South Africa, Sep 21, 6.45pm
All Blacks v Repechage Winner, Oct 2, 7.15pm
All Blacks v Africa 1, Oct 6, 1.45pm
All Blacks v Italy, October 12, 1.45pm

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I saw some of the first match played in Canada. Uruguay have definitely improved a lot since the last world cup. Much improved conditioning and ability in attack.

Canada will be favourites but no certainties to qualify through the repechage. Russia or Spain would be a chance against them (I'm assuming whichever one is Europe 2 will lose the playoff against Samoa).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Canada missing the World Cup may be the kick up the bum they need IMO.

Is the post-playoffs repechage a pool format in a neutral Country this time? I read that somewhere, but can't find confirmation one way or another. I would hope so, it's a much fairer format than the two (or heaven forbid) one-legged playoffs they've done in the past.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ according to the infallible Wiki.....

"Following the end of each regional qualification process, four teams will take part in the Repechage process for the final spot at the Rugby World Cup. Unlike previous Repechages, the four teams will play in a Round-robin tournament, where all teams will play each other once, rather than a semi-final, final."

Like you, I think that's the best & fairest format although I guess there's something to be said for the drama of sudden-death.