• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2023

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
The English pack also has fragility in it, I think. IMO the 2019 final left a bit of a psychological scar on and when a team really takes it to them with power (e.g. very time the play South Africa, vs France in Six nations) they can get the hurt put on. Fiji certainly have the physical capacity to do something similar.
Yeah, hopefully the Fijians can put some points on early, force the English to play some rugby.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Try to go 5 minutes without mentioning Eddie

The guy lives rent free in so many heads
It's a loooooooong way to Super Rugby season, so sorry I can't, I'd be easy is he had resigned so we would talk about the new options

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, hopefully the Fijians can put some points on early, force the English to play some rugby.
It's not makes sense. The Fijian line-out s*cks. So, playing basic rugby, pick and go, kick to the posts, kick to the touch, rolling maul and that's all.

England by +20

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I got a bit excited for Wallabies quarter final hopes when Portugal led by 7. But realistically the Wallabies didn't deserve to make the quarter finals anyway.
Would've been a travesty.

That said - Fiji a little disappointing. A strong win has them going in favourites against England IMO. Now its a little 50/50.

That ALSO said - whichever of Fiji or England win are going to get decimated in the semis.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Would've been a travesty.

That said - Fiji a little disappointing. A strong win has them going in favourites against England IMO. Now its a little 50/50.

That ALSO said - whichever of Fiji or England win are going to get decimated in the semis.
No its not 50/50 it's heavily in favour of England

Agent

Alfred Walker (16)
The 4 strongest sides at the RWC (NZ, RSA, Ire, and France) play each other in the quarterfinals. Lets just skip the semi's and let the winners of the quarters play each other in the final.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I never thought I would say Fiji don't deserve to be in the quarters but they deserve it less than we do. If you can't beat Portugal you shouldn't be in the finals.
Nah, the 40-6 loss was humiliating enough, we don't need any more. Had we kept that to a losing bonus point we'd have made it through.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Can just feel Scotland seething. Even though they controlled their destiny.

Sucks that the semis could be duds.

Ireland v NZ is just too good as a neutral. Ireland never having gone past this. NZ as an underdog in a WC QF…. I’m picking points in this one. 34/28 don’t know who.

France v RSA to be a war I think. Can see a score of 17/15 or something like that.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
From here it'll be this:
1) France beat SA and Ireland thump NZ,
2) Wales and England stumble through against Fiji and Argentina
3) France and Ireland thump England and Wales
4) Ireland beat France in a close one.

No need to watch guys.