• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Is that because he's a Dingo?

Deans' family is what's known as "old money". You know, the investing type of farmer as opposed to the guy who lives on the place.

That's not true. The Deans family still lives on and farms Homebush.

dangerousdave

Frank Nicholson (4)
There was a very interesting point in Henry's book that bears on this discussion of team talks.

After Henry's first Tri-Nations in 2004, the captain Tana Umaga came to him and asked him to stop doing pre match pep talks. According to Umaga, they were completely wasted on the team who were already determined enough, and needed to go onto the field calm and prepared to do their jobs, rather than all raaked up and out of control.

Henry acquiesced to the request and stopped giving firey team talks. In fact he claims that he hardly says anything on the day of the game, and even at half time if his team was losing he only spoke with a calm and collected air.

Maybe these inspirational speeches are a bit of a waste of time.

In club/school rugby I always think that people doing this sound like idiots. The only exception is when a team is playing with no vigour and just needs to be told to buck up. However when a coaches response to 90% of losses is 'you guys just didnt want it enough' then I call bs.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In club/school rugby I always think that people doing this sound like idiots. The only exception is when a team is playing with no vigour and just needs to be told to buck up. However when a coaches response to 90% of losses is 'you guys just didnt want it enough' then I call bs.

I feel sorry for kids in a team like that (where coaches constantly yell at them on game day). A good example is how most of them wouldn't even touch of defensive structures in training, but when a defender makes a wrong choice and lets in a linebreak/try, the coach will go off at the kid for not sticking to a defensive plan that is only just being set at half time on game day. There is just no way even 1% of the stuff most junior coaches tell their players on game day is even covered in training. So I doubt they take in any of it.

Reminds me of this, just in a less funny sense:

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bru, I listened to that at work and have spat my tea all over my screen. That’s an grade rant.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Quade Cooper has just reminded us of Newton's Third Law of Motion

Third law: When a first body exerts a force F1 on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force F2 = −F1 on the first body. This means that F1 and F2 are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_first_law#Newton.27s_first_law

In his efforts to force change at the Wobs, which may include sacking Deans, the second body, the ARU, is now equally determined to resist those changes, which will include the retention of Deans.

Deans is here to stay and will see his contract out, regardless of the results of the Spring tour, the 3rd Bled and the remaining TRC games. FACT.

Get used to it. Thanks Quade.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think there is a strong Qld v ARu sentiment coming through that will see any change of coach not include link. Welcome overlord David Nucifora.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The man who put himself on the World Cup gravy train, instigated a review into the coaches at the RWC (despite being one himself) and led the U20's to a poor performance in SA?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
One more game left in charge, when the Pumas smash the Wallabies next week he will be gone. They must be licking their lips and thanking the Boks for smashing the Wallabies all over the park. Expect the Pumas to dominate the Wallabies in both the forwards and backs because of the injury list.

Players on flights are expected not to even get a chance to train with the squad before the game...

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
So what do you fellas reckon now? Second in the RC, second in the rankings. Horror run of injuries. Master coach it seems.

Is there really a compelling reason to get rid of him?

(And there is no truth to the rumours that the All Blacks are planning on throwing the final Bledisloe game to get Deans appointed till after the 2015 RWC)

Status
Not open for further replies.