• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Too many mistakes, no possesion. Surely the Folau experiment is over, he offers nothing at this level. We need a test quality 10 badly. Abs too good. Deserved the win.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
NZ definitely deserved to win but take off those dodgy 10 points at the end of the first half and I'll give it to them by 4 :)

Wallabies, you did us proud to get this far, well done boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Too many mistakes, no possesion. Surely the Folau experiment is over, he offers nothing at this level. We need a test quality 10 badly. Abs too good. Deserved the win.

Go easy on Izzy mate. He's one of the best 15 in the world. Agree about a 10 but a decent 9 is desperate.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Commiserations to the Wallabies and their supporters. One hell of a test match. That second half you boys put us under huge pressure.

That drop goal by DC was a momentum changer.
Carter finally got to have his World Cup moment. Perhaps nz fans will finally stop booing drop kicks.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The circumstances that lead to 10 of the points were not entirely fair, but 16-3 was not an unfair representation of the first half.

Nothing wrong with that one.

I don't know how you come to that ridiculous conclusion. The wallabies were certainly outplayed in the first half but their scrambling defense stopped all legitimate tries.

Owens was a complete joke. You have 3 points after an obvious forward pass and a try after two obvious missed calls.

The fact is you had a massive hand up from the referee. One if the most one sided halves of referring I have seen.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I agree. Kepu, Moore, Giteau, Genia, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mitchell all them are teenagers. And they are almost the half of the starting XV

We have a core of young players who have been blooded though - Sio, Douglas, Simmons, the Pooper, Phipps, Foley, To'omua, Folau. Some of the players NZ are losing would go close to being 'best ever' in their position. I'm looking for positives to wash away the bitterness of defeat.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Fuck Cheika is a class act, the interviewer trying to milk him with 'rub of the green' comment and he is full of class it the response. I fucking love rugby even more
EDIT:
Some misspelling there, now looking Cheika going through the NZ players congratulating them, fuck he is a class act.

Now being on the piss for more than 6 hours I love rugby even more today

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
We have a core of young players who have been blooded though - Sio, Douglas, Simmons, the Pooper, Phipps, Foley, To'omua, Folau. Some of the players NZ are losing would go close to being 'best ever' in their position. I'm looking for positives to wash away the bitterness of defeat.
Here's a positive. Wallabies will go through 2016 undefeated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No doubt Owens made some shocking decisions against the Wobs in the first half............

But what did they do to correct that? Better team won on the day..........

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Great comeback. Good spirit. Just couldn't quite claw it back.

Scoreline flattering to All Blacks but better team ended up winning.

Agree with Cheika. Gotta be proud of the boys there. Great effort. Kiwis just a bit too good tonight.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

From the NZ perspective: Aaron Smith, Brodie Retallick, Julian Savea, Dane Coles, Owen Franks, Aaron Cruden, Sam Cane, Beaden Barrett, Ardie Savea, NMS, Ben Smith.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck Cheika is a class act, the interviewer trying to milk him with 'rub of the green' comment and he is full of class it the response. I fucking love rugby even more

I was just going to say same thing sauv, was real pleased to see both coaches shaking hands with opposition, I love this game!!
Think Moore was class too!!
Obviously I am over the moon , we can now no longer hear comments about can't win away etc etc.
What a great tournament England has done itself proud!!

Status
Not open for further replies.