• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Wallabies keeping the Argies in the game with a couple of unnecessary mistakes. Their defensive pattern has worked a treat though, only let down by a couple of individual mistakes (Kuridrani on that line break).

Come on boys !

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Yep, Barnes has been fine.....

My only critique was the YC.... definitely a penalty, but not a YC.

No, this Barnes love is just going too far. He constantly makes small errors.

He lets actual penalties go while always penalizing ones that have no impact.

At the very end there the scrum collapsed instantly, no scrum contest but lets the defending team out for nothing.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You know the NH camera feed operators have it in for you when they show a hard tackle (e.g. Pocock's on Hernandez) in about 5 different slow-mo angles.

And then a suspect Agentinian clean out with no arms is cut off a split second before the first replay and we switch to a view of an injured player being treated.;)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Argies have made serious inroads through the 13 channel.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Definitely a harsh yellow. Seems like he made a couple of even-ups later though. Like not calling the crooked throw. If it'd been more crooked his halfback would've taken it.

Scrum seems to be turning against us. It doesn't help that on their feed they don't seem to take the weight, and on ours they are free to attack. So we haven't been able to have a real go at them yet. The weight of penalties though is heading into familiar danger territory for us.

Don't think Barnes has much idea of what's happening at scrum time. Just has an inclination to penalise the Wallabies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Well according to all of the Australian posters last week, intercepts don't count as actual tries so scrap that one off at least ;)

And according to everyone else they're just the result of pressure, so maybe we thought we'd get in on the act :p

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well according to all of the Australian posters last week, intercepts don't count as actual tries so scrap that one off at least ;)
A myth propagated by Kiwis in the Auckland Bledisloes in 2013 and 2014.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
No, this Barnes love is just going too far. He constantly makes small errors.

He lets actual penalties go while always penalizing ones that have no impact.

At the very end there the scrum collapsed instantly, no scrum contest but lets the defending team out for nothing.

I'm not going to generalize, but some of the NZ posters are obsessed with the way Barnes is reffing, to the point where it's getting a little bit perplexing. Several French refs on twitter saying he's had a very good first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.