• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm calling it now: drop Izzy for the final. He was no good out there today. Pretty much everyone else out on the paddock was great, especially back five of our pack. So much defence, so many hard yards. They totally laid the platform for that win and more to the point, didn't stop for the full 80. They just kept smashing blokes.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm calling it now: drop Izzy for the final. He was no good out there today. Pretty much everyone else out on the paddock was great, especially back five of our pack. So much defence, so many hard yards. They totally laid the platform for that win and more to the point, didn't stop for the full 80. They just kept smashing blokes.

Definitely. He was no where near fit and even if he was has no confidence and mentally is gone. Fucking kicking rather than running. Beale was good, I want someone at 100%.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We'd made 30 metres in 3 phases from TPN runs up the middle and had only stalled a little. Sure, we got the ball back more or less the same sport, but we had secure ball for the most part. Why not build a little more?

3 points would have put us 10 ahead. Good call to go for it just poor execution.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Fuck me - just because you score 3 tries doesn't make you MoM. He didn't really do anything special to score them except do what a winger is supposed to do and catch the ball, run to the line and fall over it. (yes - harsh I know but it pisses me off that people get distracted by the number of tries a back scores)

Pocock or Fardy by a country mile.

MOM brought to you by the same folk who voted for Joe Launchbury.

Surprised Joe didn't get too many votes today.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
i think the bloke who scored 3 tries was pretty close

But they weren't exactly hard to finish off for any half competent winger. I'm not saying AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't top class but Pocock was more important today. Any of your wingers would have finished them surely?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He put himself in 3 try scoring opportunities and finished them all well. Picked up Mitchell's pass on his fingertips. Low error rate.

Sounds like a good game too me.

But I agree it was no Fardy or Poey effort.

I'd put Hooper, Pocock, Fardy, Douglas, Moore, Simmons, Giteau, Mitchell ahead of him.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
They're showing a lot of these half breaks the Argies made, and I can't help but think just how many the All Blacks would almost certainly have scored off. Need to fix that up big time..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They're showing a lot of these half breaks the Argies made, and I can't help but think just how many the All Blacks would almost certainly have scored off. Need to fix that up big time..

It's the down side of our defensive system: you get these half breaks more frequently. I thought our D and the line speed especially was outstanding tonight. We constantly caught them behind the gain line.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Poey Fardy Mitchell.. HM Foley, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Genia was good but kicking was poor. I didn't notice Douglas and Moore anywhere nearly as much as Fardy or Poey.
Moore's defence was very good, Douglas' was exceptional. He pulled off so many great hits. Genia put in some poor kicks, but had some good ones too. Overall he had a very good game. Service was quick and accurate. Tackled well and diffused a bomb.

In saying that I don't have a problem with your order above. So happy to see Mitchell back in this sort of form after his last disastrous World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.