• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
uploadfromtaptalk1445641850987.jpg

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Try our Newstead Brewery beers if you can find some (or go there next time you are in Brisbane - I'll even shout you one!)
The Green Beacon Brewery serves up absolutely stellar toasties as well. The Reuben is exceptional

OT: I think the wallabies will win this one, but even with Pocock and Folau playing I wonder about just how fit they actually are and what level of impact that may have on their performance.

I reckon it'll be a tight one.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
With regards to fitness issues, don't forget the workload other players are under. Playing high intensity rugby for 5 weeks in a row will mean there are plenty of niggles going on. While poey and Folau may not have areas that aren't 100% the break would have given them time to recover from other niggles.

I think with both guys if they couldn't play this match they'd be unlikely to be able to play the final. Even if I'm wrong on that score, it would be a bit ask to drop them into that match after such a break.

Reactions: gel

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Didn't realise Argentina's locks are 22 and 20! Crazy. They'll still be a relatively young lock pairing at the next world cup! Guido Petti was 12 and in the stands when a few of his now teammates made the semi final in 2007.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Has anyone else had their Austar MyStar stop to upload EPG data in the middle of a game
22091079909_d65cb6bbc6_c_d.jpg

Did it in both the Wallabies v Wales & Scotland games.
Any idea how to stop it happening again ?

This came up with 5 minutes to go against Wales, and it was a mad scramble to find the old TV remote and figure out how to switch to GEM.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I don't get why the hell it can't do that in the background without interrupting the program.

So the EPG is updating - what's the need to advertise it?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
People are underestimating the Argies' chances. Citing the RC game earlier is not that great of an indicator given they played a new centre pairing and Camacho.

Even then, you have to remember that it was relatively even for 50-60 minutes and the last 5-10 minutes flattered us.

Their attack is a lot more potent as evidenced by their RWC form. Hernandez and Bosch in the midfield will bolster their defence and bring composure to an otherwise dynamic backline.

Saying they will be emotionally spent after the Irish win is a little patronising as well.

I might have to put a fiver on Los Pumas @3.5 as assurance.

I don't think it's patronizing at all. We were emotionally spent coming off the England game, and didn't put up quite the same performance next game. Wales were emotionally spent coming off the Wallaby game, and didn't put up quite the same performance next game. South Africa will probably be emotionally spent if they win tonight, and will struggle to put in quite the same performance next week. Big performances drain people, physically and emotionally, which is why "peaking at the right time" is a thing.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Hey - you guys. Important game and all but how fucking good is this Pfitzy guy?

Not quite enough acknowledgement/worship going on here vis-à-vis my rampant arsekickery and prescience.

Surely you aren't still drunk?

It is a long way to Monday morning if you are planning on 'warming up' all the way until then!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Has anyone else had their Austar MyStar stop to upload EPG data in the middle of a game

Did it in both the Wallabies v Wales & Scotland games.
Any idea how to stop it happening again ?

This came up with 5 minutes to go against Wales, and it was a mad scramble to find the old TV remote and figure out how to switch to GEM.

Is it in settings that it always does it at the same time of day e.g. 3AM>?

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
The good : Izzy and Pocock playing.

But like others, I hope they aren't limping around after 25 minutes. But I understand the risk. This is for a shot at a World Cup Final.

If the game at any stage becomes secure, get them off and McCalman/Beale on.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
The good : Izzy and Pocock playing.

But like others, I hope they aren't limping around after 25 minutes. But I understand the risk. This is for a shot at a World Cup Final.

If the game at any stage becomes secure, get them off and McCalman/Beale on.

Is McCalman or McMahon playing I have seen both listed on different sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.