• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
We were f*cked from moment the poms went 2 tries up, from then on we were playing catch up, they soaked up the pressure, made us play from shit areas of the ground and just tightened the screws

Well done England, too good

too soon mate.......go wash your mouth out!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
A
adam you really need to read posts properly I was saying given not seen lot of petaiai whether hype justified where I said with performance tonight can see why

Seriously mate who would think otherwise - read posts

Maybe I'm in denial but i feel we were right in that game. All we needed was a decent strategy to exit our 22 (coached), a solid playmaker and faster service and our first half looks different... then we don't have to play catch-up rugby and it's game-on.

Who our of our forwards didn't perform? They all did well really, Poey Hooper really well. Locks okay, Props scrummed well. Lots of positives.

Strategy our biggest downfall I feel - coach will fix this.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
You'll be one of the few to say Petaia had a bad game tonight, and even one of the fewer who struggle to see the potential and excitement about Petaia.

felt a bit sorry for Petaia, acquited himself relatively well considering he's just a kid who's barely even played soup rugby let alone finding himself suddenly, on test debut, biffed into the mercilessly well-organised English test rugby combine thresher

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Well done to England, so much more clinical and better coached. Our tactics are mind boggling at times, there was so much space to kick into and we kept running into their line like lemmings. Its annoying as I think we have the personnel on the park but just done by that.

Can anyone explain to me why we went for the scrum under the posts with 25 minutes left on the clock? The scrum was 50/50 all day and the reffing is a lottery. Felt that was really the turning point. If we got 3 there could have been different story.

Assume Cheika will go today, I think he said he was only staying if we won the RWC.

Hookerbytrade

Stan Wickham (3)
After 4 years of some of the worst Australian rugby in its history, it has all come to end. They deserved to be beaten by 24 points tonight because of their performance and the last 4 years. It sums up the hole we are so deeply in at the minute. New Coach and a few new players is so desperately needed 2020 can't come faster.

It seems like the times of yesteryear where this team was so clinical and well rounded has been forgotten so badly, simple skills aren't there anymore and i'm glad its over so we can start again. I #$%^&* hope they come back next year with a different approach to this game. They need it.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
The question that needs to be answered is the high performance pathways selecting for the last 5 years. Really we could all pick players missed.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep and have better administration of our game - I think in view of really past poor Rugby Australia leadership you could put best coach in the world in charge of wallabies and they would still suck in fans eyes

Rugby Australia improved but from low base

I agree in that I think the Wallabies are a reflection of the system below our national team. We need to be improving at all levels.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
A
adam you really need to read posts properly I was saying given not seen lot of petaiai whether hype justified where I said with performance tonight can see why

Seriously mate who would think otherwise - read posts

Are you reading your own posts? you're grammar and structure make it really hard to understand what you're saying.

Like, what the fuck does this even mean?
I was saying given not seen lot of petaiai whether hype justified where I said with performance tonight can see why

use a comma or something ffs