• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 SF1: New Zealand v England

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hear this a lot.. which will be funny once SA come out and win the final ;)
They will have to play well to beat that team.

Problem for England is they know they have beaten the best team. So if they don't keep their heads right they will get beaten

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Never earned the right to go wide. But they did anyway.

At 7-13 after 55 mins or whatever it was, you just know the 2015 vintage would have gone "blue heads" and ran the motherfuckers down. 25 mins left for them to run in 20 points was almost expected ffs.

This edition just a rudderless, coachless, feeble panic. For all 80 mins. Right from Eng's wee flying V to challenge their precious haka. Crumbled.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

At 7-13 after 55 mins or whatever it was, you just know the 2015 vintage would have gone "blue heads" and ran the motherfuckers down. 25 mins left for them to run in 20 points was almost expected ffs.

This edition just a rudderless, coachless, feeble panic. For all 80 mins. Right from Eng's wee flying V to challenge their precious haka. Crumbled.

The V was almost as irritating as the Haka is.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Can’t it ever be said by a NZ fan

We have a good side

But the opposition had a better side and simply played much better and were coached much better

The NZ ‘explanation’ always has to be....

We lost ‘cause we were shit

There’s another universe out there where a country can assemble a simply better team and a simply better (this time) coaching group

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Can’t it ever be said by a NZ fan

We have a good side

But the opposition had a better side and simply played much better and were coached much better

The NZ ‘explanation’ always has to be..

We lost ‘cause we were shit

There’s another universe out there where a country can assemble a simply better team and a simply better (this time) coaching group

Thoroughly deserved Eng.

You can be critical of your own team and acknowledge England played well at the same time.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So i get out of a movie, turn my phone on and see this has happened. WOW.

I honestly wanted england to win. The abs have had their time in the sun and it's time for them to be knocked down a peg.

Plus the melts are gonna be glorious

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
You can be critical of your own team and acknowledge England played well at the same time.

Yeah, maybe, just, but it’s more unbalanced than you say

It’s simply that I see so many Kiwi fans find a 1,000 subtle but nonetheless identifiable ways to be sore losers

And pretend they’re being gracious re the opposition but........

PS: I love and always have the peerless Pillock, but, hey we all have a piece of our national DNA right?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Tuilagi was amazing in defence though, which isn't something he is known for. Plus some good vision with his intercept. I don't think he had a one-dimensional game today.

The intercept was good. Maybe I need to rewatch his defensive work. Didn't stand out from the rest of the pack for me.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I mean, NZ were ass garbage. Genuinely woeful. It's incalculable how much of that was up to England being good and them sharting themselves at a wedding.

Just one of those things.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

England used the side-line so well. Never seen NZ or a Tier 1 rugby team tackled into touch so much in one game.

I do like the NZ wingers, they were the form players. But I do feel they were just missing an Ioane or a Savea out wide to create something from nothing.

Also Mounga didn't do much. Barret at 10 may have served better, he looked dangerous everytime he had the ball.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

Just felt like England were dictating play the whole time and that the AB's were just not respecting the territory aspect of the game. Never showed any real patience in applying pressure. Almost the same issue Australia had in allowing ourselves to get pinned down repeatedly. Perhaps all those games against Australia with our renowned kicking game are doing the AB's no favours.