• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
The hubris is starting to get to me, lads.

I have faith in the team to get the job done, but this is rugby and nothing is certain.

A couple of shit scrums and we're fucked there as far as Poite is concerned, and our lineout is not the powerhouse it used to be - Parling is a good operator and Simmons will need to have his shit together to get the ascendancy.

We get the basics right, and trust our defence, and we'll get there. I don't care if we win 3-0 except it will give England a bonus point. So then, I'm happy to win 8-0.

Personally I hope we fucking smash them out of the World Cup 50-3 so that they can all sit around crying over videos of Martin Johnson TWELVE FUCKING YEARS AGO.

Stay strong Pfitzy, but I must confess to finding myself in the same boat as you. If we try and play safe, which I think we will, I have a bad feeling that we are going to get smacked. I have tried to imagine a loss to prepare myself emotionally and I don't like it one bit.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Seriously, I reckon the backs are going to unleash. Whether they're able to execute to match the ambition remains to be seen, but I will be gobsmacked if we go out and play conservatively.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Seriously, I reckon the backs are going to unleash. Whether they're able to execute to match the ambition remains to be seen, but I will be gobsmacked if we go out and play conservatively.

I doubt we will play conservatively. I think the biggest risk is going to be the error rate and accuracy. To'omua already came out and said this is the biggest game many of the team has ever been in, so there is recognised pressure by in that regard. I can see passing errors and pressure errors creeping in (as they shown in previous years).

But if our accuracy is good then we should run away with it.

I think our Forwards will be in the right mindset - Cheika is good at that and with Pooper leading the pack it should be fine - Simmons & Douglas and Moore will need to step-up though.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

It's hard to imagine a team meeting in which Cheika says "Right, we're going to negate all our advantages by playing in the center of the field, to compensate for their fatties' lack of pace, and kicking to their fast back three, who have no chance of getting the ball otherwise."

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)

I sincerely hope we don't come out and play conservatively but I can't recall a test match in recent history with so much banter focused on out-scrummaging the opposition and kicking goals. I don't know......it just doesn't feel right.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
going to miss this game live. 3pm NY time Saturday and taking MRS BR to Jersey Boys on Broadway. Isn't life just so full of awkward moments.

Quick Solution.
Give missus champagne + sleeping pills = NO Jersey Boys on Broadway =
Live TV of Wallabies V England = :) + say to missus next morning how good was Jersey Boys on Broadway. She will be too embarrassed to say she couldn't remember anything = cookie points = :)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I hope that the Wobs don't give away kickable penalties because Farrell is a metronome.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I hope that the Wobs don't give away kickable penalties because Farrell is a metronome.

metrognome.jpg

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Message to the Australian back row. Do this to Mike Brown! No backwards steps and keep you own fists down. They will try anything to get an Aussie carded. I think Sam was brilliant when this happened

I think this picture encapsulates it nicely the Mike's Brown Pants moment on Saturday. the look of complete contempt on Sam's face and the panic in Brown's (despite the dumb arsed comments from ITV). He should IMHO have been warned and the scrum turned into a penalty if the touch judge had been any good.

Bit of a shame in one way cos I think despite his current behaviour he's a cracking player.

attachment.php
I have always liked him as a player but since he has come back from that nasty head injury he has overstepped from combative to downright chippy at times.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Have i missed the Wallabies team announcement ? When is it expected ? getting jumpy ,, the campaign against Marler is being marvelously managed . Is McMahon a chance ( or did he miss if i am late ) , i am a biased Rebel but he has been tearing it up .

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
The Wallabies official website (under "player profiles"), still shows Palu and Skelton as being in the squad.
I hope the players are more 'on the ball' when they take the field!

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
pretty sure if you miss the call to come back in you get locked out ;)

in my scenario, he was not MEANT to come back. So that actually works into the plan! (unless he wants to watch the show, in which case he becomes a soft cock!)

Well, only a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.