• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443682824.105187.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'd have to guess that Slipper is still under an injury cloud due to his concussion. Either that or Greg Holmes has an issue and that is why he didn't get off the bench against Uruguay.

The only surprise for me is that Ben McCalman is definitely not playing.

With the team they've named I'm hoping they stick with a 5:3 bench with Mumm and McMahon the non front row forwards.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Still says 3 to be ommitted, was McCalman or Mitchell meant to be on there as well?

The official ARU release says that the bench is TBA and will be announced after their training session today.

I guess at least one person has to pass a fitness test.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Pleased Genia and Giteau are there. The latter will be good to reference should Aus send England packing, as I expect, in contrast to Armitage the fat who will be fetching away for Toulon. Gwan Aussie!!!!!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm surprised by the omission of McCalman as a bench option, but I wonder now if Cheika might opt for both Carter and Mumm on the bench?

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm surprised by the omission of McCalman as a bench option, but I wonder now if Cheika might opt for both Carter and Mumm on the bench?
I think McCalman is mistakenly omitted. The list says 3 to be omitted which would reduce the squad to 22. Therefore I imagine there's one accidentally already omitted which is likely McAlman.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
The wait for this game is getting unbearable, the stakes are so high. England lose this and they're out of the cup, we lose and we have to pray Fiji don't let in 4 from Wales.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^My tweets remain unanswered and unfavourited by Pythagorus himself. Although there was a some twitter banter activity last night with a Welsh man.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
from the bench, you would think one of smith, slipper or holmes will go, one of carter or mumm (surely carter), mcmahon, TPN and the three backs to stay.
i did see on on another website that only two were to be omitted from the bench

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
from the bench, you would think one of smith, slipper or holmes will go, one of carter or mumm (surely carter), mcmahon, TPN and the three backs to stay.
i did see on on another website that only two were to be omitted from the bench

That's assuming it becomes a 5:3 bench. Is there any likelihood Cheika will go for a 6:2 bench for this match?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
who knows what he will do with his finishers, if the game plan is to run them raggard then 5:3 would suit, if he is thinking of "a dock yard brawl" 6:2. i don't think he will attempt to play to England's strengths, so jam assuming 5:3

Status
Not open for further replies.