• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
If Genia is going to box Kick he needs to have a blocker in place.

What's the word on Folau was he injured or just subbed?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I planned on going back to bed after the game. i'm too pumped now

Same. Been up all night. Then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) goes and passes the pill in the last minute of the game, so I'm back on the beer at 7am. No hope for any sleep now.

Will just have to watch the replay with a smile from ear to ear.

The Federal Dept of Australian Citizenship have been monitoring SuperBru footy tips as well and there are about 54 tipsters in the G&GR pool that can expect a phone call on Tuesday. 30 tipped the Soap Dodgers and 24 were too nervous to even tip.

Matthew 8:26

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
England relied on some really negative tactics in this game. As Kafer was saying, they were going for up and unders just happy to knock it on inthe air and get a scrum. its's also a useless tactic if you don't have a dominant scrum

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Lets be real 12 months ago we didn't have Poecock, Fardy, Sio etc.. but really big david poecock is a beast..
Let's be real,Fardy & Sio were available.
Pocock,no,but using Pooper was considered to be highly controversial,with many more doubters than supporters.
If you were to say the squad has been strengthened by the inclusion of Douglas,Mumm & Gits,I would agree,but would add their inclusion was Cheika's doing,requiring him to manage up,and to not accept the status quo.
I think he also has some of the Reds players playing in much stronger form at the higher Test level,than they were performing at Super level earlier this year.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Pocock,no,but using Pooper was considered to be highly controversial,with many more doubters than supporters.
If you were to say the squad has been strengthened by the inclusion of Douglas,Mumm & Gits,I would agree,but would add their inclusion was Cheika's doing,requiring him to manage up,and to not accept the status quo.
I think he also has some of the Reds players playing in much stronger form at the higher Test level,than they were performing at Super level earlier this year.

I think Michael Hooper is an exceptional player, and was one of our best again tonight, but Pocock is just on another level in test matches

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I still haven't come down from that. Being in London watching it, I have to say that the tension was unbearable at times in the lead up and during parts of the game.

But, well WE FUCKING SMASHED them! I haven't see an Wallaby pack take another pack to the cleaners like that in many a long day. I almost don't care what happens now because we've knocked England out and stuck it up pricks like Lord Bald. I know I'll feel differently in, the morning but right now it feels like we've won Bill.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So basically, Pocock is good fortune and the rest is all just Cheika magic.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Fardy was injured. Moore was injured (Hooper was Captain). Sio was available but too fresh, We had Carter instead of Douglas. McCalman instead of Pocock. Front row replacements no where near as good.

The shape of the team is hugely different from last year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Seriously tho. I don't think wales will be full strength or will push for a win

You must know some different Welshmen from those I know.

The Boyos I know would never do anything but push for a win when they take the footy field, whatever level of footy they play.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
England don't have a mortgage on that sort of behaviour. Bogan dickheads like that in nearly every rugby crowd, even here in God's Country.

Thankfully in our sport they're much less prevalent than in other sports and most of the time the decent fans tell them to pull their head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.