• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Found a link to the sequence here. Was a really marginal call, you can see the separation in the replay, but would have been very hard to pick up in real time.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
All the ref blaming gets tiresome. There will always be marginal calls, they tend to even out throughout a match

I think coaches need to take some responsibly regarding their post match comments. Every time a coach loses he has to mention the ref, both Cheika & Foster did and then we wonder why these refs cop so much vile abuse

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Well done on the Bok win and Top effort from the AB's getting to the final and making a game of it.

Razor's Reign has started thank Fuck.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
right - people are thinking he's saying he got it wrong? There is no way he is.

He is apologising for not responding to Ardie because his focus was elsewhere.

He is pretty clear in his explanation - he says "I thought you stayed on him..I didn't see you come off enough".

There's no way he is saying it got it wrong.

The full quote is “Sorry, mate, I didn’t see the replay, I thought you stayed on him, I didn’t see it come off enough.” Sounds like he's saying he got it wrong to me.

All the ref blaming gets tiresome. There will always be marginal calls, they tend to even out throughout a match

I think coaches need to take some responsibly regarding their post match comments. Every time a coach loses he has to mention the ref, both Cheika & Foster did and then we wonder why these refs cop so much vile abuse

If I could I'd give each sentence a Like of its own...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I’m not into blaming refs for results but the notion that they are untouchable and cannot be criticised is ridiculous for obvious reasons.

1. They aren’t perfect and they make mistakes. Sometimes they are big mistakes. It happens.

2. Everyone else is criticised. Players, coaches, administration and sometimes even fans. Why should refs be immune?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Best win ever for the Springboks. Looking at the tournament as a whole I think that France win was very important. Sad to lose Nienaber to Leinster and Jones to England. Luckily Rassie stay and will take us into the new era. Kolisi and this squad will be remembered as Springbok legends and will tour SA after arrival on monday.

Hard luck to the All Blacks, they came very close. Respect in the way they handle the loss and not like the English back in 2019.

Wayne Barnes was excellent, made a few mistakes but its human.

Next series is against Ireland.
Oh I'm soooooooooo happy for you.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

You will see Foster actually telling everyone to lay off Barnes .
But I agree wholeheartedly about ref blaming, it has happened in far too many games,BOK copped it from France and Englandit goes on, and it needs to stop in press etc as well! And noone seems to be immune,

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
But I agree wholeheartedly about ref blaming, it has happened in far too many games,BOK copped it from France and Englandit goes on, and it needs to stop in press etc as well! And noone seems to be immune,
Over it. No matter who is doing it. Yes and Saffas and Aussies probably the worst.

These guys have an IMPOSSIBLE job. And now you have the bunker getting into the act at every turn.

Guaranteed after every game one side will be pissed. Simple law of averages.

Get used to it. Not changing any time soon.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah, 24 hours after he criticized him, fanning the flames

I get fans criticizing refs, as Bullrush mentioned above fans do the same to everyone . But coaches really need to be better than that, their words carry weight with fans

Refs don't hold post match press conferences to talk about the coaches bad selections or tactics

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Over it. No matter who is doing it. Yes and Saffas and Aussies probably the worst.

These guys have an IMPOSSIBLE job. And now you have the bunker getting into the act at every turn.

Guaranteed after every game one side will be pissed. Simple law of averages.

Get used to it. Not changing any time soon.
Fans will never stop. The people who actually need to be better are coaches...

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
The full quote is “Sorry, mate, I didn’t see the replay, I thought you stayed on him, I didn’t see it come off enough.” Sounds like he's saying he got it wrong to me.
Ay? He's saying he hadn't seen the replay, so couldn't confirm whether his call was correct or not - but is doubling down that he didn't see a clear release from Ardie when he made the call.

He's not admitting he's wrong - he's admitting he could be wrong, but outlining why he made the decision that he did. Can't ask for much more than that.