• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I want to give kutos to Wales but the wallabies were so fucking bad I can't even. That team were not playing for Australia. I don't know who they were playing for.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I honestly don't think I can name 3 players that earned the wallabies jersey this morning. Tate played generally okay, and Leota was alright. I legitimately can't think of another player.
Tate can't pass, Maybe Bell for the 2 scrum penalties

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Rugby dead in this country. Thanks Eddie you killed it. Deliberate or not I don't know but I'm leaning former.

Done with this forum - especially since they delete posts without any transparency.

Bye all. Been a fun 13 years.
I would argue that you should stay but, really, is there anything to stay for?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Well said Sonny Bill! Balls to speak up for Aussie in the post match. Sonny just sent all his money since he started with Stan.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Meanwhile, some reaction from the players:

BEN DONALDSON

"We’ve let ourselves down, we’ve let the country down and everyone in Australia. It wasn’t too much we could say in the sheds other than we weren’t good enough.

"We thought we were good enough, we did all the prep and we know we trained really well off the back of last week. We thought we were going to put a good performance in and it was clear out there we weren’t and we have to own that."

ANDREW KELLAWAY

"Gutted, absolutely gutted.

"I don’t know if it was a lack of experience, I think we just got bashed. At the set-piece they beat us, they out kicked us. They showed us how to manage a game. Pretty well every area of the game tonight we got beaten. You can call it what you want, we got beaten at rugby unfortunately. I don’t know if that’s an experience thing, that’s just a rugby thing"

TATE MCDERMOTT

"That was obviously incredibly disappointing.

"That's a result we're going to have to live with. We let not only the people who supported us in the crowd down from Australia, there was heaps of fans out there."

ANGUS BELL

"Very disappointing mate. Pretty raw at the moment, how much emotion all the boys are showing - it's a devastating day and I guess it's pretty raw at the moment.

"We're shattered. It's hard for us to put into words, I guess at the moment. But yeah, we're just sorry that we let down a lot of people back home. Obviously, there's a lot of people that came over to France to support us also. And the people back home who got up early mornings to support us. So we're incredibly disappointed."

RICHIE ARNOLD

"It’s a tough pill to swallow, we let the country down, we let ourselves down – pretty embarrassing to be honest.

"F*** mate, what didn’t go wrong? I thought we started well and then we just got into a bit of a grind, they just wanted to play in that grind, into that boxing and then a crucial lineout there, an attacking lineout, we stuffed the lineout, they got a 50/22 and that was a big momentum change."

SULIASI VUNIVALU

"It was a bit quiet but everyone is still positive. We have got another game next week and we’re looking forward to it.

"It’s a tough one to swallow but we’re not done here. We have one more game next weekend and we have to up our game next week. Everyone is pretty tight and will be gutted for the next 24 hours. We’ll be back."
First of all lol to those that said they would take our tight 5 over theirs. There was a few that laughed when I said the Welsh team was almost man for man better

But just highlighting Kellaway’s comments on here. It’s so true. Bashed and beaten at rugby. For far too long we have had this ideology of how the game should be played in the back of our heads and haven’t played how the game is actually played. Then players reach the pros and attempt to learn how the game is played but are a decade behind in the learning process. I think Kellaway knows it as well from his time overseas. Throwing the ball around, 9s that are better runners than kickers and passers, 10s that don’t kick the ball well, locks with no physicality, 7s must pilfer, etc. it’s fundamental to our psyche from juniors to wallabies. We even had a fan meeting a decade ago about one of our Super Rugby teams employing kicking tactics. It’s all come back to bite us on the bum. While countries are teaching how rugby is played, we teach how we want rugby to be played.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I don't really have much to add in terms of constructive insights from watching that game.

But from the point of view of a properly jaded fan, it's a blessing that the tournament is on at god-awful hours and I live in Melbourne, where you really wouldn't know the rugby was even happening.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
First of all lol to those that said they would take our tight 5 over theirs. There was a few that laughed when I said the Welsh team was almost man for man better

But just highlighting Kellaway’s comments on here. It’s so true. Bashed and beaten at rugby. For far too long we have had this ideology of how the game should be played in the back of our heads and haven’t played how the game is actually played. I think Kellaway knows it as well from his time overseas. Throwing the ball around, 9s that are better runners than kickers and passers, 10s that don’t kick the ball well, locks with no physicality, 7s must pilfer, etc. it’s fundamental to our psyche from juniors to wallabies. We even had a fan meeting a decade ago about one of our Super Rugby teams employing kicking tactics. It’s all come back to bite us on the bum. While countries are teaching how rugby is played, we teach how we want rugby to be played.
As someone with a kid playing school boy rugby, this isn’t too far off the mark.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rugby dead in this country. Thanks Eddie you killed it. Deliberate or not I don't know but I'm leaning former.

Done with this forum - especially since they delete posts without any transparency.

Bye all. Been a fun 13 years.
Hang on QWERTY, you add a lot to this forum. Are these stupid auto-delete programs?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
These stats do not reflect a 40-6 score. A massive issue is the wallabies are a team who don't take advantage of their scoring oppertunites. Wales took every oppertunity bar 1

Screenshot_20230925_085344_Chrome.jpg