• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Anyone for a Cadbury Flake? Looks solid from the outside but full of holes in the middle.

cadburyflakeimported18gms-1024x1024-2x-500x500.jpg

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
What I want to know is whether Eddie actually had the full support of the players going into the game (in light of the story about the Japanese coaching role being leaked). Surely the players are on social media (regardless of whatever they say in press conferences etc.) and some would have known about it (whether they wanted to know about it or not) and certainly word gets around. I would be interested to know to what extent this impacted performance.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
What I want to know is whether Eddie actually had the full support of the players going into the game (in light of the story about the Japanese coaching role being leaked). Surely the players are on social media (regardless of whatever they say in press conferences etc.) and some would have known about it (whether they wanted to know about it or not) and certainly word gets around. I would be interested to know to what extent this impacted performance.

Eddie's full denial of the story certainly didn't put it to bed. When specifically queried about where the story came from, the journalist asking the question was cut-off and then Eddie went on his little rant about not answering those questions.

If some journo has seen Eddie sipping on Asahi's with the Japanese Rugby Board and it was simply a catch up, why not say that? Why not give us some context about how this story might have come about?

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Honest question - I haven’t even watched the game yet. I’ve left work early sick and am now at home; is it even worth watching? One plus side is that I’m already ill so surely I can’t feel any worse.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Honest question - I haven’t even watched the game yet. I’ve left work early sick and am now at home; is it even worth watching? One plus side is that I’m already ill so surely I can’t feel any worse.
I wouldn't bet on it unfortunately.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Eddie's full denial of the story certainly didn't put it to bed. When specifically queried about where the story came from, the journalist asking the question was cut-off and then Eddie went on his little rant about not answering those questions.

If some journo has seen Eddie sipping on Asahi's with the Japanese Rugby Board and it was simply a catch up, why not say that? Why not give us some context about how this story might have come about?
Yeah, when Eddie was pressed about being "fully committed to coaching Australia next year", his response of "I'm fully committed to coaching Australia - that's all I can say" certainly didn't put anything to bed imo

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

I was wondering the same thing from when that story broke. I think he's lost the squad, like he loses every other squad he coaches. It's not like we haven't seen this movie before.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
So Kerevi has been the only WBs weapon in this RWC and he wasn't effective like other strong ball carriers as Bundee Aki, Jonathan Danty or Damian De Allende. There's no option B, the NRL attacking coach is useless (Eddie fault)

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, he has been the only option. A poor option, an useless option but he was. Maybe picking Michael Hooper at 12 as the forum said some years ago would be a better option or maybe Pone at 12 and you fix 2 problems. First one, Pone can't scrum and second one, you have a huge ball carrier