• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Let's go, Broncos!

Guess I can drop my Stan subscription back now, buy something that'll atleast provide some entertainment value even if its for 40 minutes.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok, maybe a bit of misplaced anger re SBW. But I will stand on the ground he doesn't offer much insight or benefit to our comms team. Anyone who thinks our game would be in any better of a state if we had Rennie or Quade out there is dreaming.

Which isn't to be confused with accepting Eddie's performance. I don't want to see him coach next year. But his missteps in this campaign have laid bare the actual problems facing our sport. And it's not coaching, and it's not the inherent talent.
Wrong! it is facing up to the fact that rugby is losing players at a huge rate and it starts in schools where players are going to league, AFL and basketball and then into clubs and super rugby.
The Jones experiment was pulled by an advertising corp goon, whose only answer to Australian rugby issues was to throw money at Jones.
At the top of this tree are coaches and players who can compete at the highest international level. Between McLennan and Jones, they have destroyed the brand after the brand leader fucked up big time.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
And yes, shitty. Never going to stop this result tho. We've allowed our development systems to stay in the amateur era, and now reap what we sow.
Pfitzy, I am wondering what the hell has been going on in camp. The guys looked lost out there, the Welsh just re-run the Fiji method of beating us with more finesse than Fiji.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Meanwhile, some reaction from the players:

BEN DONALDSON

"We’ve let ourselves down, we’ve let the country down and everyone in Australia. It wasn’t too much we could say in the sheds other than we weren’t good enough.

"We thought we were good enough, we did all the prep and we know we trained really well off the back of last week. We thought we were going to put a good performance in and it was clear out there we weren’t and we have to own that."

ANDREW KELLAWAY

"Gutted, absolutely gutted.

"I don’t know if it was a lack of experience, I think we just got bashed. At the set-piece they beat us, they out kicked us. They showed us how to manage a game. Pretty well every area of the game tonight we got beaten. You can call it what you want, we got beaten at rugby unfortunately. I don’t know if that’s an experience thing, that’s just a rugby thing"

TATE MCDERMOTT

"That was obviously incredibly disappointing.

"That's a result we're going to have to live with. We let not only the people who supported us in the crowd down from Australia, there was heaps of fans out there."

ANGUS BELL

"Very disappointing mate. Pretty raw at the moment, how much emotion all the boys are showing - it's a devastating day and I guess it's pretty raw at the moment.

"We're shattered. It's hard for us to put into words, I guess at the moment. But yeah, we're just sorry that we let down a lot of people back home. Obviously, there's a lot of people that came over to France to support us also. And the people back home who got up early mornings to support us. So we're incredibly disappointed."

RICHIE ARNOLD

"It’s a tough pill to swallow, we let the country down, we let ourselves down – pretty embarrassing to be honest.

"F*** mate, what didn’t go wrong? I thought we started well and then we just got into a bit of a grind, they just wanted to play in that grind, into that boxing and then a crucial lineout there, an attacking lineout, we stuffed the lineout, they got a 50/22 and that was a big momentum change."

SULIASI VUNIVALU

"It was a bit quiet but everyone is still positive. We have got another game next week and we’re looking forward to it.

"It’s a tough one to swallow but we’re not done here. We have one more game next weekend and we have to up our game next week. Everyone is pretty tight and will be gutted for the next 24 hours. We’ll be back."

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Wrong! it is facing up to the fact that rugby is losing players at a huge rate and it starts in schools where players are going to league, AFL and basketball and then into clubs and super rugby.
The Jones experiment was pulled by an advertising corp goon, whose only answer to Australian rugby issues was to throw money at Jones.
At the top of this tree are coaches and players who can compete at the highest international level. Between McLennan and Jones, they have destroyed the brand after the brand leader fucked up big time.
It’s funny you tell me to ‘Fuck OFF’ when this is what I’m talking about.

You guys will have to get used to us kiwis and polynesians being here and commenting on this game that we also love. Our kids are already being selected in your teams, in age groups or Super Rugby or the Wallabies and we are a huge part of rugby’s future here.

I’ve been on these forums for 13yrs (I just checked - 13yrs on this coming Sunday) always as a bit of an outsider because I’m an All Black fan. But my son and my daughters are now playing here and may look to try and represent at higher levels (my son and my eldest daughter have both represented our state this year) and so make no fucking doubt about it - I want Australian rugby to be better. It’s good for us, it’s good for the ABs, it’s good for rugby and as much as some of you think we are just here to gloat over Wallaby losses like fucken school kids, we are invested in this too.

So nah….I’m not fucking off.

Last edited:

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
SULIASI VUNIVALU

"It was a bit quiet but everyone is still positive. We have got another game next week and we’re looking forward to it.

"It’s a tough one to swallow but we’re not done here. We have one more game next weekend and we have to up our game next week. Everyone is pretty tight and will be gutted for the next 24 hours. We’ll be back."
Can someone explain to Suli that winning next week wont really matter