• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can I say, I can see Wales making the semis after watching that game. In one way it was a good reminder that a team without a lot of stars etc playing a good team game is still something that wins in this game.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can I say, I can see Wales making the semis after watching that game. In one way it was a good reminder that a team without a lot of stars etc playing a good team game is still something that wins in this game.
That's only because they're in a pool with us & Fiji and will play Argentina, they'll be thrashed in the semi

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
It’s funny you tell me to ‘Fuck OFF’ when this is what I’m talking about.

You guys will have to get used to us kiwis and polynesians being here and commenting on this game that we also love. Our kids are already being selected in your teams, in age groups or Super Rugby or the Wallabies and we are a huge part of rugby’s future here.

I’ve been on these forums for 13yrs (I just checked - 13yrs on this coming Sunday) always as a bit of an outsider because I’m an All Black fan. But my son and my daughters are now playing here and may look to try and represent at higher levels (my son and my eldest dauggter have both represented our state this year) and so make no fucking doubt about it - I want Australian rugby to be better. It’s good for us, it’s good for the ABs, it’s good for rugby and as much as some of you think we are just here to gloat over Wallaby losses like fucken school kids, we are invested in this too.

So nah….I’m not fucking off.
Keep your comments to rugby and drop the gloating and smart arse rubbish. We ain't happy and the future is looking grim.
I can tell you the AB's will not be in the final of this RWC,as the problems we have, the AB's have too but to a lesser extent.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I don’t know man. When Australia stopped their attack for multiple phases, the looked a but lost and much like Australia - let’s just kick it and hope something good happens! EJ (Eddie Jones) fans will hate this but I think Wales’ experience was a big difference between the two teams.

I don’t know who Wales will have in the quarters though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It’s funny you tell me to ‘Fuck OFF’ when this is what I’m talking about.

You guys will have to get used to us kiwis and polynesians being here and commenting on this game that we also love. Our kids are already being selected in your teams, in age groups or Super Rugby or the Wallabies and we are a huge part of rugby’s future here.

I’ve been on these forums for 13yrs (I just checked - 13yrs on this coming Sunday) always as a bit of an outsider because I’m an All Black fan. But my son and my daughters are now playing here and may look to try and represent at higher levels (my son and my eldest dauggter have both represented our state this year) and so make no fucking doubt about it - I want Australian rugby to be better. It’s good for us, it’s good for the ABs, it’s good for rugby and as much as some of you think we are just here to gloat over Wallaby losses like fucken school kids, we are invested in this too.

So nah….I’m not fucking off.
To be fair, any of your kids with a skerrick of ability will almost certainly not be playing rugby.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
To be fair, any of your kids with a skerrick of ability will almost certainly not be playing rugby.
They play league as well but my son just LOVES rugby. He wants to do his final school years in NZ just so he can play college rugby there. He played a game on Friday, played gridiron Saturday morning before playing another union game in the afternoon and has his last game for the year tonite.

He just loves playing footy.

Last edited:

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Was Fast-Eddie sacked in the carpark after the match?

Rugby in Australia is considered to be a joke by the rest of the world.

RA really shit the bed by hiring the former coach of the auld enemy. Any Australian with a scintilla of self-respect would have refused the England job.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm disappointed but not surprised (I predicted 25-7). And I'll avoid personal criticism of coaches, players and fellow supporters. But can anyone give me an example of when changing coaches, players and tactics 6 months out from a world cup has actually worked?

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm disappointed but not surprised (I predicted 25-7). And I'll avoid personal criticism of coaches, players and fellow supporters. But can anyone give me an example of when changing coaches, players and tactics 6 months out from a world cup has actually worked?
I mean Wales probably would be in our position if they kept PIVAC and the new Fiji coach isn't doing too bad

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
For better or worse, the usual aussie sporting manoeuvre after a loss. "Never happened. Dunno what you're talking about mate. Game? What game?"
Oh man that's not my experience. More like 'Rugby (cricket, AFL, Loige, whatever sport - insert as necessary), what's that? Don't even care about that sport anyway mate. Everyone knows some other sport is where it's really at'.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Worst performance ever by the wallabies. They looked tired, slow, no care, no passion, no heart. We might lose to Portugal and I don't even care anymore. Wales are not a great rugby team. There were times in that game were the wallabies were like a passenger. Numb

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I honestly don't think I can name 3 players that earned the wallabies jersey this morning. Tate played generally okay, and Leota was alright. I legitimately can't think of another player.