• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Waking up in Lyon and not feeling any better, have tickets to the Portugal game as well and now that is a non event, had a week planned of taking the kids to see the boys train etc but will definitely be doing something different now. Gutted as I am sure the players are as well. Hope Eddie has already flown off to Japan or somewhere else

mate the greatest thing I remember as a kid from the country is my nana taking me all they way to melbourne to meet Gregan & Larkam, I get you'd feel horrible but your kids would love the chance to meet their hero's

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm voting YES for a commission of enquiry in to rugby in Australia and it's future. Just to keep the discussion interesting....who would you nominate to possibly chair and be on the panel? Also what would you think the terms of reference should include?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
It was disappointing as a Wallabies fan to see what happened at this world cup, but it was hardly surprising.

Our world ranking has been pretty poor for a long time, I think we got down as far as 8 or 9 at one point so this season has not been too unexpected. Losing to NZ, RSA and France was pretty predictable. Argentina are pretty good so not such a big surprise that we lot to them too.

Fiji have developed well since the Drua have been around in the domestic competition and then super rugby, Fiji have been getting better and at the last couple of world cups an emerging team has had a big scalp, it sucked to lose to Fiji, but they have been building up to a big win and after their efforts prior to playing us it was not the biggest surprise that we got beaten.

Wales are a decent team and we knew that they can also beat us.

I can accept all of our losses this season, losing so many in a row hurts but we have lost to good teams so it is not the biggest surprise, I think Rennie could also have lost to each team that has beaten us.

But, and the really massive but is that I don't think we would have looked so poor in our losses, the selections have been poor and so has the style of play and I think Rennie would have been closer to wins, but I think he would have had a losing season, especially if he had the same injury crisis each week like Jones has.

At some point we need to recognise where we actually sit in world rugby and realise that we are not among the best teams in the world and we are probably around 8th in the world at our best and on our day we may even upset a top 5 team. I can live with that, but I cant live with it if our coach and selectors allow for poor teams to take the field that make no sense to all but one person in 7.8 billion.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm voting YES for a commission of enquiry in to rugby in Australia and it's future. Just to keep the discussion interesting....who would you nominate to possibly chair and be on the panel?
Looks like it's already started.....

dietbrawl_zpsb91cf778.jpg

"Hey! Pillock! You can't cut all the teams in Australia and New Zealand except for the Auckland Blues! It doesn't even make any sense!"
"My decision is final."

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
t to each team that has beaten us.

But, and the really massi
Looks like it's already started.....

dietbrawl_zpsb91cf778.jpg

"Hey! Pillock! You can't cut all the teams in Australia and New Zealand except for the Auckland Blues! It doesn't even make any sense!"
"My decision is final."
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="Parliament punch-up: Huge fight erupts among MPs in Ukraine legislature" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Is anyone defending jones? Does anyone honestly think we haven’t gone backwards by i would say 50% since rennie was sacked?
This is really bad. We will lose by 30 in a must win game against a bad team.
Stirling Mortlock. He was on co-coms for the BBC radio coverage. Early on, when Ws were looking decent, Mortlock said it's how Jones wants them to play: unstructured, taking chances, playing what's in front of you. Hullo? As the game progressed, he despaired about decision making, lack of structure and cohesion, lack of leadership. Ultimately, he opined that Jones isn't the problem, it's root and branch restructure that's needed. And Eddie is the man to take the Ws forward. You were a champion centre, Stirling, now piss off.

NoName

Herbert Moran (7)
Why because I watch and enjoy good rugby from all over the world?
I think at its core rugby is a great game, but the Australian sports "philosophy" is fundamentally different to the rest of the world

Listening to a number of post match reviews from the rest of the world and their commentary about "absorbing" and "tense" matches that are involving numerous referee interventions and low numbers of tries is actually actually a bit triggering tbh.

Watching league and afl where the name of the referee is barely even known by the viewer is just at odds with the current state of union where who the referee is factors into the coaches pre-match press conference as much as the state of the pitch and the likelihood of rain.

I am totally fine with people enjoying that style of game and totally recognize that is where international rugby is right now, but culturally it is at odds with a lot of Australians.

I'm not asking for it to be changed. I'm not complaining about it - just an observation, and possibly even an exaggerated perception.

One thing is for certain, I can't think of a single Australian team that a sizable proportion of Australians delight at seeing lose. We'll support the wallabies when they win, but soooo many pile on them when they lose.

No other Australian team gets that treatment.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So. A dead rubber to finish with the Wallabies at an all time low ranking, not that rankings mean anything.

Great. Just dandy.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
My plan: get in a room with a few drinks and start naming the useless fluffybunnys for what they are.
This is what they need - someone to tell them to take a good hard look at themselves!

I sound old when I say it but I think it's a generational issue - the patting on the back & there there for simple mistakes like kicking a ball out on the full or a stupid penalty shit me to tears - they simply don't acknowledge that they're just not good enough