• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
At what point do you stop investing in the glass cannon that is Pone and call HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) in?
in-bruges-idk.gif

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
Skelton "tight calf" so in doubt ... what is going on at training
I have wondered looking at their social media, Why are they still lifting so heavy in training ? Surely the hard work should be done by now …wouldnt just light maintenance work would be better at this stage ? ??? Anyone an expert in S&C here ?

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have wondered looking at their social media, Why are they still lifting so heavy in training ? Surely the hard work should be done by now …wouldnt just light maintenance work would be better at this stage ? ??? Anyone an expert in S&C here ?
Thought the exact same thing with Tupou and his hammy - surely 300kg squats in trainers have something to do with that....

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
At what point do you stop investing in the glass cannon that is Pone and call HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) in?
I get holding out for Tupou, he’s a point of difference player. But we really need the backups to be fit and healthy to nurse him through to the pointy end of the comp. I can’t see risking one of our best looseheads at tighthead because the backup tighthead isn’t right.

Sam Old

Herbert Moran (7)
I get holding out for Tupou, he’s a point of difference player. But we really need the backups to be fit and healthy to nurse him through to the pointy end of the comp. I can’t see risking one of our best looseheads at tighthead because the backup tighthead isn’t right.
Why not play Nongorr. If he is good enough to be picked for the Wotld Cup, surely Eddie needs to back his own selections? Or did he take him along for a series of 5 minute cameos

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Why not play Nongorr. If he is good enough to be picked for the Wotld Cup, surely Eddie needs to back his own selections? Or did he take him along for a series of 5 minute cameos
I don’t disagree. We need two fit tightheads to accommodate Tupou. With Pone and Tupou not fit, who would be Zane’s backup in this match? I think Slippers experience got him the start in this situation.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For all the talk about how Eddie didn't want to undermine his young players, and one of the key reasons for the omission of Foley and Cooper. He done exactly that to Gordon and Nonggorr bringing in Donaldson at 15 and Slipper at TH ahead of them.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Thought the exact same thing with Tupou and his hammy - surely 300kg squats in trainers have something to do with that....
Yeah I severely doubt any NRL sides would be lifting this heavy at this time of year, especially during the finals, which equivalent to the pool stages of the WC.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gleeson & Kellaway should be in the 23, Gleeson needs more minutes as a potential backup 7/8 and the reality is that Kellaway is a better rugby player than Donaldson, whose defence will get exposed against the bigger teams. IFL should start ahead of White, Wallabies play off 10 not a 9 like at the Brumbies, White's too slow at the ruck and allows opposition to organise and mitigate our attacking threats

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm very concerned about Donaldson's tackling against the flying Fiji centres; they will be smacking their lips.
Just hope our cover defense can support Donaldson.
I’m very concerned if we are relying on Donaldson’s tackling to start with. Means a complete failure in front of him.

Only thing I want him to do is make his kicks and catch high balls.