• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If he's gone for good, we swap him out for another THP, or if he'll be good in a few weeks we swap out someone who is just carrying bags, not likely to play for the replacement THP
You can only replace an injured player.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If they are both available I think they would go with Pone/Nongoorr and TH and Bell/Slipper at LH. Less upsetting of the apple cart. Also read somewhere that Kellaway may be back at 15, don't know whether or not that means Gordon is being rested.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
White starting. We need to play this set-piece to set-piece. Scrum, maul, kick to the touch and well into the crowd. Slow the game down. Grind them down with our big pack. Just like the 2019 2nd half. Can't be doing anything from the 1st half of that match.

Huge game for Zane.
I think you are correct, but to be a contrarian: Fiji looked pretty bad defending the wide channels against Wales. And Wales/England both play something close to 10 man rugby and struggled mightily against Fiji (yes, I know Wales did have a few nice runs but they also didn't dominate the game in tight at scrums, mauls etc.).

So maybe you want to take your chances and hope you make less mistakes than them. For all their running acumen they also commit a lot of penalties, knock ons etc.

Or maybe Fiji are just so good now that there's no easy strategy to beat them anymore.

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm expecting to see:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Nongorr
4. Arnold
5. Skelton
6. Hooper
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Gordon
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Donalson

16. Uelese
17. Schoupp
18. Slipper
19. Frost
20. Leota
21. Fines-Leleiwasa
22. Foketi
23. Vunivalu

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm expecting to see:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Nongorr
4. Arnold
5. Skelton
6. Hooper
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Gordon
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Donalson

16. Uelese
17. Schoupp
18. Slipper
19. Frost
20. Leota
21. Fines-Leleiwasa
22. Foketi
23. Vunivalu
I think that'll be the go, but hopefully Pone is there, from reports he could still