• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Eddie is delusional
I loved how sbw took a sneaky dig at Eddie and gorden selection with no Quade
- Box kicking again inside the opposition 30 we had several kicks that went dead and waisted possesion
- white is to slow
- I said several times before RWC we needed 3 guys who could play 10 and at least one experienced guy
- gorden was shithouse - he will be dropped next week
- why play an inside centre and wing only on the bench as cover ? Suli and Donaldson couldn’t even keep a spot in their 23 man super squads
- why take Kerevi off at the crunch time?
- why is petaia kicking? Just run it mate

damm we could really use hooper, Samu, Quade, foley, or anyone right now
It's hard to see how this is even going to help Gordon, Donaldson, McReight, T.Hooper. They are going to lose all of their confidence. And yes Donaldson has been fine at 15, but he's probably slated to start at 10 next time and who knows how that goes against Wales. You shouldn't ever be playing your less than 10th career test match in a RWC when you are the starting #10. It's ludicrous. Anyone with a brain could have foresaw that Gordon might struggle mightily under the bright lights. Except for so-called genius EJ (Eddie Jones).

You gotta wonder what the likes of Quade, Foley, Kellaway, M Hooper, Samu are thinking/saying behind closed doors. If I'm Kellaway I'm saying F this I'm taking more $$ to go to France or Japan.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
It's hard to see how this is even going to help Gordon, Donaldson, McReight, T.Hooper. They are going to lose all of their confidence. And yes Donaldson has been fine at 15, but he's probably slated to start at 10 next time and who knows how that goes against Wales. You shouldn't ever be playing your less than 10th career test match in a RWC when you are the starting #10. It's ludicrous. Anyone with a brain could have foresaw that Gordon might struggle mightily under the bright lights. Except for so-called genius EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones).

You gotta wonder what the likes of Quade, Foley, Kellaway, M Hooper, Samu are thinking/saying behind closed doors. If I'm Kellaway I'm saying F this I'm taking more $$ to go to France or Japan.
Couldn’t be more right
Don’t replace experience unless the player is better
Not in an RWC year
Said as the squad was selected wtf?
i mentioned pre RWC gorden will become the next whipping boy if this doesn’t work and no level head back up to guide him! Then after last week his value had dropped with him not kicking - which didn’t go down well for some but you could see it coming a mile away, only a matter of time until he was going to be pushed out - just didn’t think it would be so soon
But he will have to be in the 23 again as we have no other 10 cover

kellaway needs to start, Kerevi had a good game but they need to work out how to use petaia more

I thought we had more front row depth then bell, AAA and tupou but obviously not

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
A lot of you clowns showed the Fijian forwards zero respect in the lead up to this game.

Admittedly I know very little about them individually, but watching the highlights of the Wales game they seemed to hold their own quite well and today they had Ravai on the bench, who clearly showed he has a super rugby level player for the Reds.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's hard to see how this is even going to help Gordon, Donaldson, McReight, T.Hooper. They are going to lose all of their confidence.

You gotta wonder what the likes of Quade, Foley, Kellaway, M Hooper, Samu are thinking/saying behind closed doors.

I thought M Hooper at home with an injury? So wasn’t considered.

The unfortunate truth about the state of the Wallabies is the only thing that really matters to bring them back to relevance is winning a RWC.

The Wallabies were never going to win in 2023. Whether it was Quade at 10 or Gordon etc. we simply don’t have the depth to be good enough.

I’d be pretty disappointed if these blokes had their confidence shot for the next 4 years. Why not blood them now at a RWC, let them understand what it’s going to take to reach their goal in 2027 and learn from it.

Yeh it sucks watching them lose. But there is a long game here.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Hope Gordon can shrug it off and this WC doesn't ruin him long term. Being asked to play an unnatural gameplan that doesn't suit his natural strengths then being dragged when it doesn't work. Ironically that left us chasing points with poor old Donaldson in the hot seat, who is less suited to orchestrating a coherent attack than Carter is to handing off to Kerevi and kicking contestables.

We can't beat Wales playing like that either. Very grim.

Moneyinc

Bob McCowan (2)
Apparently the rest of the world think Fiji got shafted by the ref.

I think they may have had a tough 50/22 call against them in the final 5. Didn't see much else. Ref was very quick with some of the non release calls against us, but ultimately I am not sure if we strung 5 phases together at any point in the game, nor did we do much more against Georgia.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well that was ordinary. Glad I didn’t get up at 1.30 for that. I’m ok with it provided that the upshot is we come out and put Wales to the sword and come away with maximum points. However that looks doubtful. I just don’t understand the ’kick it away at all costs’ game plan, and can we stop the fucking driving maul off every single lineout in the 22, it doesn’t fucking work anymore, hasn’t for the the last 3 years. Richie penalty magnet Arnold need to go, maybe he’ll be better off the bench when he doesn’t get fatigued. Donaldson was good in both roles I thought. I have more but that’s all I could be bothered writing for now.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well thoroughly enjoyed game, but still slightly bemused. Who would of thought Fiji would beat Wallabies by scoring one less try and getting more kicks? Has noone got repsect for history and how tradionally these teams play?
Wallabies will be rightfully disappointed, but at end of the day I think we should all give massive credit to how well Fiji played. Their breakdown work was a joy to behold, and when their lineout went to pack in second half (and Wallabies' went well), they continued to find a a way to stay in game. Very good for the WC I think.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think they may have had a tough 50/22 call against them in the final 5. Didn't see much else. Ref was very quick with some of the non release calls against us, but ultimately I am not sure if we strung 5 phases together at any point in the game, nor did we do much more against Georgia.
Apparently we were offside a lot, our first try was pretty dodgy with Arnold playing the ball on the floor. Elsewhere knock ons were called because we held the ball on the ground.

Downtown

Frank Row (1)
Well that was ordinary. Glad I didn’t get up at 1.30 for that. I’m ok with it provided that the upshot is we come out and put Wales to the sword and come away with maximum points. However that looks doubtful. I just don’t understand the ’kick it away at all costs’ game plan, and can we stop the fucking driving maul off every single lineout in the 22, it doesn’t fucking work anymore, hasn’t for the the last 3 years. Richie penalty magnet Arnold need to go, maybe he’ll be better off the bench when he doesn’t get fatigued. Donaldson was good in both roles I thought. I have more but that’s all I could be bothered writing for now.

this is very very accurate.

my only difference is that I woke up to watch it… what a mistake that was

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Glad also that Ikitau is fit and ready to get on the piss with the Brumbies boys in Japan while we're carrying multiple injured players and Petaia is repeatedly kicking the ball away in the attacking 22