• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Uruguay -Saturday October 5 2019 @ 2:15pm

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Totally wrong, To'omua was already done with a knee, that's why Lealiifano went to 10, and at Brumbies and Wallabies Level Pat McCabe moved to 12 and kicked off one of the greatest attack we have seen for a while. Then that dirty AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) broke Lealiifano's ankle and we play with To'omua at 10 and Lealiifano at 12 in 2013

Check out the starting team from the 2013 final vs the Chiefs

BRUMBIES:

FB 15 Jesse Mogg
RW 14 Henry Speight
OC 13 Tevita Kuridrani
IC 12 Christian Lealiifano
LW 11 Clyde Rathbone
FH 10 Matt To'omua
SH 9 Nic White
N8 8 Ben Mowen (c)
OF 7 George Smith
BF 6 Peter Kimlin
RL 5 Sam Carter
LL 4 Scott Fardy
TP 3 Ben Alexander
HK 2 Stephen Moore
LP 1 Scott Sio

That was great footy with 10. Lilo 12. McCabe. Brumbies have never looked as good since, and either has Lealifano's form. The same can be said of Speight - who at one stage was the best winger in the comp.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That was great footy with 10. Lilo 12. McCabe. Brumbies have never looked as good since, and either has Lealifano's form. The same can be said of Speight - who at one stage was the best winger in the comp.
Speights best years was probably 2012 to 2014, he was an absolute weapon

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
People gave McCabe a lot of shit, but that season he ran hard offloaded, smacked people in defense he truly was playing some fantastic footy, shame he broke his neck.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Wallabies 65 - 0 Uruguay

Maybe 3 for Uruguay.

I've got to say I care less about the score (besides that fact our number is a lot higher) than I do with how they play. I want to see our backline come into play. I want Petaia to have a blinder to give us a genuine option for some of the future big games. I want to see all our conversions taken, because kicking is going to matter against the better teams. I just want to see us win pretty.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I just want a clean Wallabies game that I can enjoy and see some nice skills. The Wales game was a bit too stressful for my likings.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Usually one would say 80-100 Wallabies, which, make no mistake, is still possible.

This RWC with its conditions has rendered lower scores OR perhaps the minnows are less minnows than they used to be, but I don't buy into that. The ABs had numerous errors in their "lowly" 63-0 win over Canada.

The Boks beat Nam 103-5 and 87-0 or something to that effect previously.

Slippery ball makes for a different game. If you win by 50 odd it's a good result.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
BBQ ready, beers cold, family primed to watch with me, Foxtel issues resolved. It might even stop Flannerying down too. Going to be a great day.
Go Wallabies!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually think the other 2 games are of more interest.

But hope the wobs can show their class and get some combinations happening.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Can someone confirm what time this game is on in Sydney.
Seems some times have already wound forward for DLS, and some haven’t. Foxtel has it listed as on at 4:15, rugby.com.au has it as 3:15 and KAYO says kick off is 2:30

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Can someone confirm what time this game is on in Sydney.
Seems some times have already wound forward for DLS, and some haven’t. Foxtel has it listed as on at 4:15, rugby.com.au has it as 3:15 and KAYO says kick off is 2:30
315, daylight savings kicks in tonight. 230 will be prematch coverage.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
315, daylight savings kicks in tonight. 230 will be prematch coverage.

Thanks I was tracking DLS commences tomorrow/tonight, but was the confused as to why my Foxtel Guide has already jumped forward an hour then. I’ll ignore that then and go with the 3:15 k/off

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Backrowers Jack Dempsey and Lukhan Salakaia-Loto will also be donning different jerseys in the match after an embroidery mishap.

Dempsey will be wearing 6, but playing 8, and
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will be wearing 8 but playing 6

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Backrowers Jack Dempsey and Lukhan Salakaia-Loto will also be donning different jerseys in the match after an embroidery mishap.

Dempsey will be wearing 6, but playing 8, and
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will be wearing 8 but playing 6

That sort of stuff is pretty poor. Unimportant but not a good look as far as professionalism goes.