• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Uruguay -Saturday October 5 2019 @ 2:15pm

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Underdogs. And they stuck at it.
Let’s face it we love underdogs performing well. World rugby done great job in ensuring 100+ Point games thing of the past.

When you look at stats for Uruguay (population size, number of registered rugby players etc) you realise they are punching way above their weight... and uruguay winning 2 world cups football wise reinforces this point.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I agree with Kafer. Average performance.

2 yellows
Halves combination still not working
Failed to keep them tryless
Didn't make 50.

I think our game management really lacks at times and there were just some real sloppy segments. I also don't feel like we're adapting to the different refs as well as we could, the ruck a for a free for all. The communication from the french refs is really poor with certain elements of the game.

It's hard to know how to take the game beyond there being no obvious injuries and getting the BP win.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Seemed a bit counterproductive of Kuridrani, trying to impress for a 1st's recall at centre, to ignore his wingers and go for individual tryline glory. Against Uruguay.
I noticed that too actually. People will say he he had a blinder but he always was going to against a side like this who struggle against those kind of athletes. Kerevi would have looked just as good- I just don’t think you can play both together.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Lilo at 10 did not work - To'omua at 10 starting will it work.running out of time to know
It never has before. I think we need to run it before Georgia though to see if it’s improved. Failing that we’ve only got O’Connor up our sleeve. Maybe dingo was onto something

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Positives:

Tupou, Petaia, Slipper, TK
Hmm not sure about tk...suspect he may get game against Georgia — positives for me also AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) as super sub possibility.

I think Simmons chance of being in 23 squad for quarter finals gone as just not sighted.

Back row also locked down as Dempsey did not impress enough with showing today.

Cheers

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It never has before. I think we need to run it before Georgia though to see if it’s improved. Failing that we’ve only got O’Connor up our sleeve. Maybe dingo was onto something
Yeh I agree and worry is we just don’t know who is best 10 option for what is most critical role

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Are either of the Yellows likely to result in suspension beyond Pool play?
Was a soft yellow. Coleman slipped up around the neck but made contact with the chest first and the player ran at him at about waist height.

For a lanky bastard it would have been almost impossible to tackle the guy in that position without ending up touching his head/neck region.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well overall a pretty underwhelming performance. You expect more against a teir 2 opposition, and from players supposedly pushing for starting spots.