• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Wales - Sunday 29 September 2019 @ 5.45pm

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
JOC (James O'Connor) has been mostly solid but not consistently good and nowhere near great at 13. Has missed more tackles than I'd like to see from the 13, and largely down to Kerevi's inability to pass the ball, he hasn't set any game alight with his ball running. The over-reaction of some here to JOC (James O'Connor) is questionable. I think the stars might be aligning for a combination of JOC (James O'Connor) at 12, TK at 13 and Kerevi on the wing.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
For Petaia it’s just the beginning. In the tradition of our great 13s he will start on the wing and move to 13 when ready.

Reactions: TSR

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
JOC (James O'Connor) has been mostly solid but not consistently good and nowhere near great at 13. Has missed more tackles than I'd like to see from the 13, and largely down to Kerevi's inability to pass the ball, he hasn't set any game alight with his ball running. The over-reaction of some here to JOC (James O'Connor) is questionable. I think the stars might be aligning for a combination of JOC (James O'Connor) at 12, TK at 13 and Kerevi on the wing.
It’s been tough for him outside Kerevi. He does a lot of clean up work and when possible puts others away. His defence is pretty solid and I’d love to see someone putting him into gaps. In the UK he was always finding space at speed.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'd be hesitant to drop Kerevi. He gets us over the gainline every touch. He just doesn't set anything up. We should be setting up to have a ball player receiving quick ball after a Kerevi break, anticipating the fact that he will not find a support runner. JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale, preferably.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, Kerevi brings so much. It looked liked he had upped his offload game in the Soup but it’s dried up now. He also insists on carrying the ball one handed like a coconut and is losing it often.
Surely these are easy things to fix?

Edit: He has 0 offloads in the game on the weekend and 3 turnovers.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
No offence intended with the coconut comment. I live in a place where we have a lot of them. One hand for the coconut and one for the cutlass. That’s how we do it and when Samu carries it looks just like that.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yes, Kerevi brings so much. It looked liked he had upped his offload game in the Soup but it’s dried up now. He also insists on carrying the ball one handed like a coconut and is losing it often.
Surely these are easy things to fix?

Edit: He has 0 offloads in the game on the weekend and 3 turnovers.

I believe he also passed the ball 0 times which is a worry for a 12.

He had the same issue early on his career with his one-handed ball carrying and lose carries. He addressed this before but it has seemed to have crept back into his game. Confident he will address this..... but not too confident his passing or distribution will get much better.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I believe he also passed the ball 0 times which is a worry for a 12.

He had the same issue early on his career with his one-handed ball carrying and lose carries. He addressed this before but it has seemed to have crept back into his game. Confident he will address this... but not too confident his passing or distribution will get much better.
Do you reckon he's going to need to address it playing in Japan?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
^^^^That conspiracy theory up there falls over with one key example - if it were true, there's no way that Aus, and to a lesser extent Wales, would have been allowed to defeat England at the last RWC when they were hosting it. I don't doubt there's some favouritism towards the home nations, but they actually need to be playing good footy for it to come to fruition.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Interesting insights.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/10/...ies-their-rugby-world-cup-game-against-wales/
98837D4F-0CAB-45DE-98F6-B18D0B8A3B1F.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He made 2 passes according to the stats.

The real problem is the ridiculous law that the defensive line is allowed to advance before Will Genia finishes his three steps across field. They should have to wait until he passes the ball.
What if he runs it?