• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>as I begin to regret changing my SuperBru margin down from NZL by 29, to NZL by 15 on the back of all the mutinous talk coming out of the French Camp.
<snip>

Even if I had stayed on NZL by 29, I wouldn't have received any better SuperBru score that I got tipping NZL by 15.

LOL at "Phil Kearns (Legend)" who tipped France by 5.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
One win in numerous season suddenly the wobs are consistent enough to beat the darkness at any given moment. Just be humble, cause the wobs have recently been beaten by Scots, Ireland and Argies - win against these and then think about either the Boks or ABs

ABs will need to be better against the Boks -

Should rename the RWC - the Rugby Championship #inevitable

This is the best NZ team in their history and we are 1-1 in this year. So these lads can do the impossible

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I keep hearing about French flair, but that disappeared years ago. They used to be a pleasure to watch, but not anymore. Watching the Top 14 in France is like watching paint dry. It's become so forward dominated that backs don't stand a chance.

The AB's showed how it should be done.

The ABs have had the most backline flair for years.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't particularly like it, but I agree. Looks like the backs have the freedom to decide what to do in any given circumstance, and to trust their skills in attempting to dismantle opposition defenses. No other side plays with that freedom as far as I can see.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
ABs were good but jeez the French were mediocre. They really have nothing.
I've seen the last 30 minutes and must say: Parra est merde! Kockott was the answer when Parra started taking 4 steps to pass sideways, them the French were launching depth runs against a full line.

Will try to get to a replay at some point today.

The ABs could only slaughter what was in front of them though, and I'm not convinced that the young Bok three-quarter line will have any answers either. Bok forwards are going to need to dismantle the AB pack

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
AB Scrum.jpg
Are the All Blacks illegally scrumming on opposition feeds.?

The laws of the game;

Binding by all other players. All players in a scrum, other than front-row players, must bind on a lock’s body with at least one arm prior to the scrum engagement. The locks must bind with the props in front of them. No other player other than a prop may hold an opponent

The other constant law breaches that they did were on their own rucks which does not attrack attention as you are the team in attack. Refs generally are not on the look out for attacking teaming infringements other than not releasing and leaving your feet on the clear out.

- a player comes in to assist the ball carry, binds on slips around in front of the ball carrier, both go to ground does not really look like a seal of but makes a turnover that much harder

- just straight out comes in the side doesn't come thru the gate and it just doesn't look that bad when you are the attacking side

- straight out loitering on the wrong side of the ruck, there is an offside line for both teams

Hopefully their opposition in coming weeks can find methods to counter the above.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I dont know what I enjoyed more:

Savea doing a Lomu impersonation,
Carter playing like the French red jerseys were giving him Lions 2005 flashbacks,
Kaino remembering that he's awesome,
Or Retallick showing why he's the best player in the world at the moment.

A quiet game by Aaron Smith by his standards.

For all the talk of not thinking about that game in 2007 the institutional memory of the NZ team is long, and has been throughout AB history. Given the rarity of devastating defeats like that game it will have been on this squads mind, Carter and McCaw in particular. Ghosts well and truly laid to rest.

Boks will be a far greater challenge next week.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
View attachment 7080 Are the All Blacks illegally scrumming on opposition feeds.?

The laws of the game;

Binding by all other players. All players in a scrum, other than front-row players, must bind on a lock’s body with at least one arm prior to the scrum engagement. The locks must bind with the props in front of them. No other player other than a prop may hold an opponent

The other constant law breaches that they did were on their own rucks which does not attrack attention as you are the team in attack. Refs generally are not on the look out for attacking teaming infringements other than not releasing and leaving your feet on the clear out.

- a player comes in to assist the ball carry, binds on slips around in front of the ball carrier, both go to ground does not really look like a seal of but makes a turnover that much harder

- just straight out comes in the side doesn't come thru the gate and it just doesn't look that bad when you are the attacking side

- straight out loitering on the wrong side of the ruck, there is an offside line for both teams

Hopefully their opposition in coming weeks can find methods to counter the above.

Hope Kaplan is monitoring G&GR.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Well thankfully the All Blacks' record this year has been 1 outstanding performance for every 2 or 3 average performances. Looks like they've done their dash :D

Status
Not open for further replies.