• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The rain late in the game was almost de ju vu of Newcastle game and was thinking this was a bad omen.

Luckily we won the game and commiserations to Scotland as they out scrummed us and out pococked us. If that last lineout win for them was only clean ball we might well be looking at Scotland vs Argentina. Sometimes you need that stroke of luck to win the big close games so will take it as many times we have been the unlucky loser in close games.

Fortunately it was nothing like the Newcastle tempest. It was actually almost a carbon copy of the semi v the Boks in 1999, which we also won in heartsopping fashion with a Larkham field goal in extra time from just on halfway.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mate his team had just been knocked out of WC by what he thought was perhaps a wrong decision, if he was anything but pissed he would of gone down in my estimation!!

T

TOCC

I don't think there was a ruck to begin with. Only a tackle.

Hmm if it were a tackle would Joubert have objected to a Wallabies player coming over and picking up the ball?

I think it was a ruck, but i also think it was a fair try which deserved to be scored. Wallabies were sloppy in defence around the ruck all game and this time it was exploited.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So was that 'park rugby era' in the past two weeks when Slipper came on and earned penalties and tighthead scrums against the Welsh and England scrums?

I think this was some really bad autocorrect.

I think he meant a park rugby error.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hmm if it were a tackle would Joubert have objected to a Wallabies playing coming over and picking up the ball?

I think it was a ruck, but i also think it was a fair try which deserved to be scored. Wallabies were slopping in defence around the ruck all game and this time it was exploited.

I think a Wallaby could have come in and competed for the ball.

They would have had to go through the gate though.

Judging from the Chiefs who did it a few times in Super Rugby, a player could have run round the other side ready to sack the halfback.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
yep lets put on the blinkers and ignore everything else. solid internet criticism

No blinkers, watched it LIVE... theres a lot there for all the lads to think about.. hope Cheika is refocussing all about such plays now... Happens againing its all over RWC

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I think a Wallaby could have come in and competed for the ball.

They would have had to go through the gate though.

Judging from the Chiefs who did it a few times in Super Rugby, a player could have run round the other side ready to sack the halfback.

Another poor Wallabies moment... some lads just weren't focussed, why I have no idea... Coaches need to work that out asap...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
With it ticking over into 7am, and the northern hemisphere rising from its slumber, I want to apologise in advance for the unreasonable anger, frustration and all round clickbait stuff, on behalf of the somewhat reasonable fans,

Don't worry about it, its passion mixed with disappointment... Could have been the Wallabies easily last night...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/96575
OFFICIAL WORLD RUGBY MEDIA RELEASE
Television Match Officials' role at Rugby World Cup 2015
  • Promotes accurate and consistent decision-making
  • Can only be used in certain circumstances
  • Just 28 per cent of all stoppage time in the opening match was due to TMO
The objective of the television match official (TMO) system is to ensure accurate and consistent decisions are made on the field in a timely and efficient manner. The TMO is a tool to help referees and assistant referees with their on-field calls and the referee remains the decision-maker who is in charge of the process.
The TMO can be used only in the following circumstances:
  • Determining the grounding of the ball in-goal for a try or touchdown and/or whether players were in touch or touch in goal before grounding
  • Determining whether a kick at goal has been successful
  • Confirm if an infringement has occurred in the build-up to a try or prevention of a try (infringement must be within two phases of the try or touchdown)
  • Considering acts of possible foul play
Craig Joubert couldn't use the TMO anyway, it was his call he was standing there on the spot...

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Curious that for one of the Scotland tries they had 4 or 5 reserves in the in-goal area celebrating BEFORE he had touched the ball down. Is that kosher?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Actually the All Blacks were the first. Don't you remember Donald in the final?

And as bad as Foley was I believe he can lift and play better. We can win with Foley. I didn't believe that at the start of the RWC, but I believe that now - even after that woeful performance.

It's too late to inject Cooper.

Not if Foley plays as badly for the first half of the semi final.
If Cooper is on the bench, he should come on. I can't understand Cheika's logic in not putting a fresh Cooper on at the 58 -60 min mark against Scotland, when Foley was at his worst.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Argies will play the same kind of game as Scotland - in our faces. We need to address that, but doing what we did for TK's try i.e. bash them up in close and stop this "wide for the sake of wide" shit. We're not earning it.
If they play like they did against Ireland, the Argies will certainly send the ball wide without necessarily hiiting it up around the ruck first. Didn't seem to have a detrimental impact on their game or the result. Isn't it really a matter of accuracy in the play adopted rather than "ëarning the right to go wide"?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Is James Slipper becoming in danger of becoming our #BlameSamBurgess?

Uncool folks. There was a team of 15 on the field.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The 7 clangers you suggested seems to be about 2 plus the poor goal kicking in the first half. One error was disastrous and cost us a try and one was poor and cost us 3 points.

Errors don't have to lead directly to points being scored against for them to be clangers. They can have a very detrimental affect on the momentum of the game without "gifting" points immediately. I am not simply having a shot at Foley here, because the same can be said of the errors committed by others as well. But we shouldn't close our eyes or make excuses for the errors of one player because they didn't lead immediately to points against us.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Referee Commends Son on Kick

--SMH--

Local referee Mr Craig Joubert has commended his son "Bernie" on his offspring's successful kicking of a rugby football. The kick occurred during a rugby match between Australia and Scotland.

"As a parent, all you can do is hopefully give them the tools and opportunities to succeed" said Mr Joubert. "The rest is up to them. After providing Bernie with his title-clinching effort for NSW vs the Crusaders a couple of years back, that's twice now I have given the boy the opportunity to harness his tools and seize the opportunity and he hasn't let me down. Now, if you'll excuse me I just have to run off this field and into a building over there but I cannot really say why thank you ok bye now."

Barclays+Bank12.jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.