• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S15R14 Blues vs Stormers @ Eden Park - 2011R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That win was as good as the Crusaders win against the Stormers.

Really up against it with injuries and a card.

Excellent win.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Umm, choke anyone? ;)
Great second half Stormers, and some very ordinary decision making and option taking by the Blues towards the end.
Huge win for the Cape Town boys. Well done.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Blues kicker must be wanting to kill himself, missing a 3 pt sitter with around six mins to go....would have created a 8 pt buffer had he made it...

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Great win. Great to see a New Zealand team who is flogged in terms of possession and territory get beaten. Normally they get up on the back of flukey tries.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Great turnaround. I enjoyed the intent the Stormers had in attack (whilst exicution wasnt that good), players like Burger, Aplon and the two centers stood up.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Great win. Great to see a New Zealand team who is flogged in terms of possession and territory get beaten. Normally they get up on the back of flukey tries.

Nice comment, about in line with expection to be honest VFR.

Great game of rugby and kudos to the stormers for not giving up. DeJongh was unstoppable in the middle which ompletely turned the game on it's head. I thought the blues had it won after Turner's try, but the Stormers never lacked belief. Full credit to Schalk & the Stormers, a hell of a win on the back of adversity.

Blues have got the wobbles!

EDIT: Just realised the the Stormers NZ trip they really have been a one half team! Put first half in Hamilton & second half in Auckland and you've got an unstoppable team!

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
The Stormers midfield of de Jongh and Sadie was so good, scary good considering that Fourie and de Villiers are both out. What I would do to have even one of these four at the Tahs...
What I found impressive is that the Stormers, despite initial troubles, looked quite good when they strung consecutive phases together when they kept the ball in hand. Their pack is full of strong ball runners, and with the aforementioned midfield, they are going to be a tough team if they can keep this form up.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reckon Januarie was a bit worried when his kick after the siren bounced in goal? And Deon Fourie seems likely to get a touchup from Bekker after his throwing effort.

Hell of a comeback, full credit to the Stormers. How about the kicked metres stat at half time, Blues almost 500m, Stormers about 80m. I thought they were rooted after Cronje went off.

Status
Not open for further replies.