• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA vs NZ S14 clashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
PaarlBok said:
MajorlyRagerly said:
The part you made up is that NZer's aren't complaining about Lawrence. That's just rubbish.
They wont complain about Lawrence performance because they were at the right side of the ledger, now with the above incident they sound like some whining tossers specially the Crusader supporters.

Hey but I'll give MR his due, not his style.

Everybody is whinging about the ref's these days, Lawrence, Marks, Jonker all included. It's really ruining the game as a spectacle, because there is just sooo much complaing about the refs from the commentators, the media, the fans.

Some of it justified, some of it not.

And yes, people do complain loudest when it's their team being screwed, and can be silent when not. Pointing out the Crusaders supporters for this is selective memory at its best.

C

chief

I'm guilty at times of significant referee abuse, but I often feel bad for the blokes, as they are probably paid shit all. They love the game of rugby, but the rules have them put up for as bait.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Noddy said:
gees I can see this Blues v Chiefs game be one of those 48-44 type games.

All more the reason to pick players from these teams for the fantasy team comp...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lions vs Highlanders: 15. Jaco Taute, 14. Dylon des Fountain, 13. Doppies la Grange (captain), 12. Butch James, 11. Deon van Rensburg, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Jano Vermaak, 8. Josh Strauss, 7. Michael Rhodes, 6. Derick Minnie, 5. Franco van der Merwe, 4. Wikus van Heerden, 3. Patric Cilliers, 2. Bandise Maku, 1. JC Janse van Rensburg

Substitutes: 16. Edgar Marutlulle, 17. Jacobie Adriaanse, 18. Warren Whiteley, 19. Cobus Grobbelaar, 20. Rory Kockott, 21. Alwyn Hollenbach, 22. Michael Killian

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Lions vs Highlanders: 15. Jaco Taute, 14. Dylon des Fountain, 13. Doppies la Grange (captain), 12. Butch James, 11. Deon van Rensburg, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Jano Vermaak, 8. Josh Strauss, 7. Michael Rhodes, 6. Derick Minnie, 5. Franco van der Merwe, 4. Wikus van Heerden, 3. Patric Cilliers, 2. Bandise Maku, 1. JC Janse van Rensburg

Substitutes: 16. Edgar Marutlulle, 17. Jacobie Adriaanse, 18. Warren Whiteley, 19. Cobus Grobbelaar, 20. Rory Kockott, 21. Alwyn Hollenbach, 22. Michael Killian

After last week's game I expected Whiteley to get his spot back, he's been playing well this year and will surely be disappointed. Jantjes performance as a sub last week must have forced the selectors hands with Butch's demotion to 12. Doesn't do James' WC chances much good but that's no loss. The guy cannot complete a game without at least one dangerous tackle. Should have been carded last week.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
12. Butch James, 10. Elton Jantjies

Thats almost a death blow to B.James RWC chances.

Right call imo.

WHY this thread revive PB? Newer one?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Right call imo.

There seems to be a groundswell in support for James to make the World Cup squad.

I am 50/50. He has the experience, and has had the form for Bath and is a safe option.

Lambie as backup for Steyn is a more interesting option.

I think the 3N should show us the way? Or am I expecting too much logic from Piet "Skiet From the Hip"?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
There seems to be a groundswell in support for James to make the World Cup squad.

I am 50/50. He has the experience, and has had the form for Bath and is a safe option.

Lambie as backup for Steyn is a more interesting option.

I think the 3N should show us the way? Or am I expecting too much logic from Piet "Skiet From the Hip"?
Lampie has fall away a bit, see Frans Steyn is also back within a few weeks, but he still get spoiled. Its not Piet Skiet Logic, its his mentor John Smits wishlist.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

Right call imo.

Did it to revive new life into the Lions. :yay

Their last game is up against the Canes
Lions: 15. Jaco Taute, 14. Dylan des Fountain, 13. Doppies la Grange, 12. Butch James, 11. Deon van Rensburg, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Jano Vermaak, 8. Joshua Strauss, 7. Derick Minnie, 6. Cobus Grobbelaar, 5. Franco van der Merwe, 4. Wikus van Heerden, 3. Patric Cilliers, 2. Bandise Maku, 1. JC Janse van Rensburg
Reserves: 16. Edgar Marutlulle, 17. Jacobie Adriaanse, 18. David de Villiers, 19. Warren Whiteley, 20. Rory Kockott, 21. Alwyn Hollenbach, 22. Michael Killian

Cant believe Wikus is starting after he looked like a real soldier when that end whistle went last week. 3 wins on tour for the Lions will be great stuff, they need the same effort , bigger on defense and they'll get it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hurricanes:
15 Cory Jane, 14 Alapati Leiua, 13 Conrad Smith/Jayden Hayward, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Victor Vito, 7 Jack Lam, 6 Faifili Levave, 5 James Broadhurst, 4 Jeremy Thrush, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore (captain), 1 John Schwalger

Substitutes: 16 Dane Coles, 17 Jacob Ellison, 18 Jason Eaton, 19 Mark Reddish, 20 Chris Eaton, 21 Hayward/Julian Savea, 22 Richard Buckman

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hurricanes:
15 Cory Jane 5 James Broadhurst, 4 Jeremy Thrush, 2 Andrew Hore 19 Mark Reddish 22 Richard Buckman

Well, I thought it was funny.

No, you're probably right. I'm being too 10. Aaron Cruden...

Status
Not open for further replies.