• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Fair enough boys I am doing this on my mobile in-between selling houses, I don't think I am trying to proof read things before I press send, sorry I haven't wasted more of my time on this to get it correct, these phones are shockers for changing things I type, anyway I don't really care, sticks and stones ect.
Pride of workmanship was another thing that I was teached ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Pride of workmanship was another thing that I was teached ;)
I'm concerned the houses he sells lack punctuation and are 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a home office, 2 living areas, a double garage and a cellar in one long line with a balinese water feature stretching over 100m that would take ages to get from one end to the other of, and would make one really tired and a bit confused every time you were in the office and forgot to get something out of the car and had to go back through all the rooms just to get there, and don't get me started about garbage night, but at least the houses would be undercapitalised. ;) Phew!!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I'm concerned the houses he sells lack punctuation and are 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a home office, 2 living areas, a double garage and a cellar in one long line with a balinese water feature stretching over 100m that would take ages to get from one end to the other of, and would make one really tired and a bit confused every time you were in the office and forgot to get something out of the car and had to go back through all the rooms just to get there, and don't get me started about garbage night, but at least the houses would be undercapitalised. ;) Phew!!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you realise that there (their ;) ) are some much much more betterer wordsmiths than I out there

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Do not miss this amazing opportunity to acquire land in the blue chip end of a premier street with beautiful north facing harbour views and at an affordable price!
This unique position has harbour views across to Manly with sunny northerly aspect and quiet privacy amidst the upper echelon. This site’s endless potential is breathtaking. Convenient to the finest shopping/dining choices, golf courses, marinas, beaches and schools, that Sydney has to offer.
There is the ability to further improve on the current house or build your dream home (STCA). The possibilities are endless
Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 7.45.59 PM.png

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I reread this... McGraths bellevue hill have a position vacant.

Prose ;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Do not miss this amazing opportunity to acquire land in the blue chip end of a premier street with beautiful north facing harbour views and at an affordable price!
This unique position has harbour views across to Manly with sunny northerly aspect and quiet privacy amidst the upper echelon. This site’s endless potential is breathtaking. Convenient to the finest shopping/dining choices, golf courses, marinas, beaches and schools, that Sydney has to offer.
There is the ability to further improve on the current house or build your dream home (STCA). The possibilities are endless
.View attachment 4248
Have the Scots Concerned Neighbours Group heard of these plans?:)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Have the Scots Concerned Neighbours Group heard of these plans?:)

They have been placated by an independent report from John Symonds who says there will be no adverse impact from any development on the site - just as there was no loss of visual amenity associated with his own redevelopment:
Symond-5352177.jpg

and here's a shot with the original Scots boatshed in the foreground:
symonds-house-420x0.jpg

and 2 olympic kayakers recently enrolled at TSC (just joking)

Surfs Up

Bob McCowan (2)
Edit: sorry - and some odd things going on with the Easts Green Shield team[/quote]

Pray tell.
Interested in this tidbit Inside Shoulder?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK fair comment but usually to celebrate achievement not use as a pawn in a much bigger discussion. Only new to commenting, long time 'reader'. Must of missed the subtlety
You are right to a point - we certainly don't tolerate naming schoolboy / girl players to denigrate them, but here they are simply named as a rep team.
If any end up at Scots, or elsewhere, it does not reflect badly on them or their parents for taking an opportunity, but on the systems that make that happen.

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jeez. Your incoherent ramblings are almost a worse advertisement for the educational values of Scots than the current basketball scholarships controversy.
Even I thought that was funny, love to be providing the laughs for everyone. No more essays on mobile, incase I ruin your English skills.

fsrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Lambert letter.....

We are very happy that the report found no breaches of the GPS Code of Conduct.

It did not find a breach - however it did not find that they have followed the Code of Conduct - to find if a breach occurred he would have needed to interview the 61 'good sportsmen' - something which he did not do. If he had interviewed them (probably any of them!) a breach would have been found.

Of the 212 boys from years 7 to 12 receiving assistance 61 could be described as good sportsmen.”

What is the definition of a 'good sportsman'? Whilst this number at 10 a year is already high, in reality it could be much higher based on the 'good sportsman' cutoff. If you arrive at the School on a 'Sporting Scholarship' but then end up playing in the B's or 2nd grade, I assume you are no longer regarded as 'good', though clearly this is still a code breach.

These numbers and this report do not help Lambert - I hope he doesn't dig his heals in just to 'save face' - please just agree to make changes and come into line! GPS will be much better for it - as will Scots!