• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilkinson's Right Boot

Stan Wickham (3)
someone has evidently trimmed the mulberry bush..either that or we're in the hadron collider - check out the pages in between debasing the myth that this is a reliable guide to the issue.

From reading the posts after, what I gather is there were suggestions about the remaining 7 or 8 starting players NOT listed, but none of the 7 or 8 listed by Jack.

Unless I just completely missed a post?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
From reading the posts after, what I gather is there were suggestions about the remaining 7 or 8 starting players NOT listed, but none of the 7 or 8 listed by Jack.

Unless I just completely missed a post?

I was addressing the idea that starting in year 7 removed all doubt.
I haven't actually worked out who is or isn't because I'm not greatly interested in the kids themselves and, despite what might be thought, wish them the best and hope they get all they want out of rugby and all they can out their education.
For me its about what it does to rugby more generally by dragging kids out of school systems that would be able to produce more and better school teams in more areas if they were left there.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is an interesting thread. A bit like visiting a passing asteroid that comes back every now and then but little has changed.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
More like the moon: 28 day orbit

When "Observer" started this thread 5144 posts ago I wonder if he expected the maelstrom of bovine excrement his post would generate in response to his four questions...

1. Which schools appear to be defying the code?

2. Are sanctions in place for schools that have defied the code?

3. Are scholarships providing some schools an unfair advantage on the rugby field?

4. Should the code be amended in light of so many schools defying the code and bring it into line with what is really happening today?

Having read most of the posts and stupidly being drawn into responding to a few it's safe to say each question has been flogged to within an inch of its question mark.....answered repeatedly, comprehensively and stupidly by those in the know, those who should know better and those who don't know how to tie their shoe laces.

Apparently these are complex questions of great moment and having defied the collective wisdom of gagerlanders, stand up philosophers, pundits, players and pernicious pedants from around the world for almost 4 years it's clear that no human life form will ever unravel the mysteries contained within these soon to be ancient questions.

Its appears that we need to go beyond our physical world to get the answers.........Please pass me the chicken feathers, goats blood and eye of newt...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This thread also exists as a safety valve, to corral all scholarship discussion in one place, rather than allowing Scholarship/Bursary/fee relief/etc talk to continually hijack individual schoolboy competition threads.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
]This thread also exists as a safety valve, to corral all scholarship discussion in one place, rather than allowing Scholarship/Bursary/fee relief/etc talk to continually hijack individual schoolboy competition threads.

A practical solution to be sure HJ, as its the definitely the thread with the most gaseous buildup.....Bring back Mr Mulberry Bush and Punxatawney Phil...There's still four years of solid work ahead for both of you on this thread..,..o_O

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Having read most of the posts and stupidly being drawn into responding to a few it's safe to say each question has been flogged to within an inch of its question mark...answered repeatedly, comprehensively and stupidly by those in the know, those who should know better and those who don't know how to tie their shoe laces.

Apparently these are complex questions of great moment and having defied the collective wisdom of gagerlanders, stand up philosophers, pundits, players and pernicious pedants from around the world for almost 4 years it's clear that no human life form will ever unravel the mysteries contained within these soon to be ancient questions.

Its appears that we need to go beyond our physical world to get the answers...Please pass me the chicken feathers, goats blood and eye of newt.

The siren song of the scholarship thread draws in all-comers.

Once drawn in, you can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.:)

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
5150 time
tu9u6y7e.jpg

I hope you haven't been carrying that around on your shoulder all this time VD.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A mate of mine was at Hunter Hill today with his year group at their 35 year reunion. We swapped progress scores all afternoon from HH and Manly Oval. His first call after about 10 minutes opened with something like "These Scots kids are monsters, they look like a colts team" He does only see one GPS match every 5 years though.:)

Gobstar

Stan Wickham (3)
If only Scots hadn't taken their 'turn' in unfairly offering inducements, we could have been back to the good old days of Joey's dominance of winning 100% of the games played and they may have been able to add to their already disproportional number of GPS premierships.
And while I wasn't at Joeys today (I was watching the premiership confirming CAS game at Cranbrook), last week's crowd at Riverview was pretty evenly matched between the home students and the Scots juniors. Perhaps the Scots firsts watched their 13G's last weekend.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If only Scots hadn't taken their 'turn' in unfairly offering inducements, we could have been back to the good old days of Joey's dominance of winning 100% of the games played and they may have been able to add to their already disproportional number of GPS premierships.
And while I wasn't at Joeys today (I was watching the premiership confirming CAS game at Cranbrook), last week's crowd at Riverview was pretty evenly matched between the home students and the Scots juniors. Perhaps the Scots firsts watched their 13G's last weekend.

So you accept that Scots are unfairly offering inducements?;)

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
A mate of mine was at Hunter Hill today with his year group at their 35 year reunion. We swapped progress scores all afternoon from HH and Manly Oval. His first call after about 10 minutes opened with something like "These Scots kids are monsters, they look like a colts team" He does only see one GPS match every 5 years though.:)
Surprised the 35ers get a reunion. Thought their year would have been erased from the school records.

Rugby Mum 3

Frank Row (1)
And TSC prides itself on being a Christian school.

And so, I ask my question again. Why would you pay the highest school fees in Australia, for a pathway you are never going to be on and be satisfied to bask in someone else’s glory, and to enjoy a school HSC ranking of 88? Is that a good ROI?​
How smart are these TSC parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.