• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland vs Australia - Murrayfield, 8 Nov 1:15AM AEDT

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would like to see this team.

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Izack Rodda
5. Rory Arnold
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. James O’Connor
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Len Ikatau
14. Tom Wright
15. Andrew Kellaway

16. Tolu Latu
17. Angus Bell
18. Alan Ala'alatoa
18. Matt Phillip
20. Will Skelton
21. Pete Samu
22. Tate McDermott
23. Kurtley Beale

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Izack Rodda
5. Rory Arnold
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. James O’Connor
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Len Ikatau
14. Tom Wright
15. Andrew Kellaway

16. Tolu Latu
17. Angus Bell
18. Alan Ala'alatoa
18. Matt Phillip
20. Will Skelton
21. Pete Samu
22. Tate McDermott
23. Kurtley Beale
Beale is perfect for a 6/2 isn't he. Can now play 10-15. The back three worry me but it'll be a combination of those three players somehow.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Beale is perfect for a 6/2 isn't he. Can now play 10-15. The back three worry me but it'll be a combination of those three players somehow.
Only issue running a 6/2 split is if Petaia can't get through the 80 and another back goes down, could be very risky...
I'm comfortable with:

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Izack Rodda/ Matt Phillip
5. Rory Arnold
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini

16. Tolu Latu
17. Angus Bell
18. Alan Ala'alatoa
19. Will Skelton
20. Pete Samu

I think this is arguably one of the most dominant packs in world rugby, we will be fine running a 5/3 bench.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wouldn't be shocked if Perese is in the 23 either, you'd rather him here than against England or Wales to debut.
Wouldn't mind seeing Philip or Rodda drop out of the 23. Keep Arnold starting with Skelton on the bench then have McDermott, Perese and Beale on a 5/3 bench.

Still skeptical that we'll see Arnold or Skelton start. I think we'll see Skelton not in the team with Arnold on the bench.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Izack Rodda
5. Rory Arnold
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Rob Valetini
9. Nic White
10. James O’Connor
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Len Ikatau
14. Tom Wright
15. Andrew Kellaway

16. Tolu Latu
17. Angus Bell
18. Alan Ala'alatoa
18. Matt Phillip
20. Will Skelton
21. Pete Samu
22. Tate McDermott
23. Kurtley Beale

Interesting going for a 6/2 split

I would prefer Leota > Philip. Just that extra utility to cover the 6 and lock if required.

I don't think bench covering BOTH locks but only 1/3 backrowers is the most efficient.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Phillip could play 6, I don't think you lack much mobility there if he's fresh and paired with Samu and Hooper who are both quick. Plus gives you a great lineout option w/ Skelton and a heavier scrum.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
How good do our options in the pack look right now? I want to us to unleash the full route 1 brutality up the middle against the Scots and for the halves to only release the ball wider when the defence is backpedalling. I think our pigs are capable of delivering that.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fully acknowledge it might be how Rennie wants him to play but Leota has been really timid of the physical stuff so far in Test rugby. He’s passing the ball on before contact way too many times and goes down too easily when he does carry. Looks a bit lost out there.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Game is at 1am on Monday morning so doesn't need to be announced until late Friday night.

giphy.gif

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Are Skelton etc already with the squad? If not, don't see how they could be thrown straight in.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Rugby Planet reporting Scotland have ruled prop Rory Sutherland and flanker Rory Darge both out of the game against the Wallabies due to injury.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Are Skelton etc already with the squad? If not, don't see how they could be thrown straight in.
Saw it reported that they had joined on Monday, this week. Still not a lot of time to learn the plays and develop combinations in training.