• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland vs Australia - Murrayfield, 8 Nov 1:15AM AEDT

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reminded me of a couple of Banks' efforts. Geez it cheeses me.
Have been waiting for someone to acknowledge that kick and draw a comparison with Banks. Tom comes in for a savaging on this site whenever he misses touch, but until now almost complete silence on JOC (James O'Connor)'s effort which really couldn't have come at a worse time, game-wise.

Thanks Wamb.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Have been waiting for someone to acknowledge that kick and draw a comparison with Banks. Tom comes in for a savaging on this site whenever he misses touch, but until now almost complete silence on JOC (James O'Connor)'s effort which really couldn't have come at a worse time, game-wise.

Thanks Wamb.
Did you miss the previous 8 pages of people roasting JOC (James O'Connor) for being shit on Sunday?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
That early penalty miss by JOC (James O'Connor) had potential to make heads drop. I think that the team's self motivation dropped at that moment.

Tex

John Thornett (49)

Thanks Wamb.
We should just set our clocks to you BR. One hint of criticism directed at Canberra and you're off

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We should just set our clocks to you BR. One hint of criticism directed at Canberra and you're off
Tex, in case you didn't get it, I was "off" about the lack of criticism of another player. Yet all and sundry fans of certain other sides seem to be only too happy to criticise those not from their favourite team. A little bit of consistency wouldn't go astray on these threads.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That early penalty miss by JOC (James O'Connor) had potential to make heads drop. I think that the team's self motivation dropped at that moment.

I love the idea of Rob Valetini going 'jeez, JOC (James O'Connor) has missed a penalty from 40 out on the angle in the 15th minute. I don't know if I've got it in me now. What's the point? This game is done.'

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I love the idea of Rob Valetini going 'jeez, JOC (James O'Connor) has missed a penalty from 40 out on the angle in the 15th minute. I don't know if I've got it in me now. What's the point? This game is done.'
I would expect you to be right. A professional rugby player should just have a "Oh shit" moment and then get on with 100% focus.
On the other hand, confidence can be an illusory thing. Perhaps a missed goal, which was easy by Test standards, was just enough to prick the confidence bubble.
All the subsequent handling errors, stupid niggle, and wrong decision making had to be caused by something, and a lack of training isn't it. Mental approach may have played its part.
A sports psychologist I aint, just a rugby theorist.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Tex, in case you didn't get it, I was "off" about the lack of criticism of another player. Yet all and sundry fans of certain other sides seem to be only too happy to criticise those not from their favourite team. A little bit of consistency wouldn't go astray on these threads.
For the record you are one of my favourite posters here, never change.