• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2021/22 (World Series, Oceania, Comm Games & R7WC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gee. We’re seeing the benefits of the investment in Madison Levi. She was wonderful in that first half v Spain.

Backing herself where previously she probably still had the AFL brain switched on about contact. That fend is superb - some of the Spanish ladies will have handprints on them a few hours from now.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wales' Trehane is a dirty little birdy I must say - always putting himself in the way and doing stupid things.

TBH Wales in general are quite negative in this game against Canada.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
They're going to lose, and they deserve to. Canada weren't been a happy crowd in Dubai but they've got a QF to look forward to.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Discipline the issue -

And so it was again versus Ireland.

Toward the end, Roache could have popped right for a score to secure a win but went himself.
Kuridrani does three bad things for every good thing.
Vosaicake seems to be operating like he'd rather be somewhere else.
The Irish made a mess of the ruck and we did not deal.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Must say I was surprised Kuridrani was picked for this squad as he never looked, to me, as that natural 7s player. While he’s shown some good offload skills, he very much looks like a XVs player. Probably cost us that game v Ireland. Now we face the USA i think.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Must say I was surprised Kuridrani was picked for this squad as he never looked, to me, as that natural 7s player. While he’s shown some good offload skills, he very much looks like a XVs player. Probably cost us that game v Ireland. Now we face the USA i think.
Yeah always looks for dominant run to contact where he could be thinking in his feet a bit, or attracting the defender then offloading before.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
They read the criticism on GAGR and took it to heart.
Loss to Ireland…they did not have any attacking spark in that game. Beat USA in quarter final to progress to semi final with South Africa. At this point mens team lacking consistency of big 3 of sevens in SA, Fiji and NZ. I suppose progress still made for men but maybe need to temper expectations.

Yes kuridrani seems odd choice as seems to slow down our attack by looking for contact too much.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I didn’t watch the Ireland game, but they looked quite good against the US. US were garbage though, commentators criticism of Perry Baker was worth it alone.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I didn’t watch the Ireland game, but they looked quite good against the US. US were garbage though, commentators criticism of Perry Baker was worth it alone.

USA would have Mike Friday pulling his hair out. They were quality in their game prior and utterly uninterested under lights.

We were shit against Germany.
Good against Japan.
Shit against Ireland.
Good against USA.

So we will be shit against the Saffers.

Not that it really matters. On our best day we've still got to beat them and the ref.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not that it really matters. On our best day we've still got to beat them and the ref.

South Africa's second try against Canada - the loop play goes wrong for the men in red, and Bok #9 takes a guy off the ball, then scoops it up and runs in to score. Ref was right there. 4:10 into this clip.

Any play like that off the ball should be a yellow card. But it is the Saffers so sure, whatevs...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Calendar tweaked again:

"The HSBC Canada Sevens, which was originally scheduled for 26-27 February, will now take place on 16-17 April, 2022. Meanwhile the HSBC LA Sevens moves from 5-6 March to 27-28 August, 2022 and will stage the grand finale of the men’s Series"

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Poor defence from the skipper Hayes on Khamidova. Russia has the kind of physical, harassing game that frustrated us against Ireland.

Good hit back from ALF

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tiron with another Russia try. We are missing first up tackles then bunch up and let them go wide.

We look sluggish. Russia's has a short bench tho and that may count against them

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ah jeez a ricochet off an Aussie head in the 22 and Russia go ahead. 19-14 halftime.

We weren't ready for the kick through either

Status
Not open for further replies.