• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2021/22 (World Series, Oceania, Comm Games & R7WC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Ok. I didn't think so but the commentator mentioned it

Also interesting that the World Rugby header said "controversial"

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oceania 7s this morning - two good wins for the guys over Fiji and the gals over one of the NZ teams. Some good composure from both despite pressure.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bizarro end to NZ v Aus men, NZ up with time gone & one of the rookies decides to throw rather than kick it out. From the penalty Roache of all people drops it cold, game over & NZ will win the comp no matter what happens in the last round.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
As Australia and New Zealand used this competition to trial potential new squad members, which new players put their hands up to warrant future selection?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dunbar has really stood up for the Aussies while James Turner has shown some glimpses too. Tom Morrison has really caught my eye considering I knew nothing about him.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bizarro end to NZ v Aus men, NZ up with time gone & one of the rookies decides to throw rather than kick it out. From the penalty Roache of all people drops it cold, game over & NZ will win the comp no matter what happens in the last round.
Yeh bizarre finish but cracker of a game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was a hard watch at times given the huge gaps between games (which was by design to replicate as much as possible the Comm Games draw) but I think everyone would've gotten some positives from it esp if & when they need to draft in reinforcements for CG or R7WC squads.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ have named their Comm Games squads:

Very few newbies in the women's but plenty in the men's incl Che Clark who might just be the next big thing in NZ men's 7's (as Jaz Hotham will probably be the next big thing in the women's game).

Women's squad: Michaela Blyde, Kelly Brazier, Theresa Fitzpatrick, Sarah Hirini (captain), Stacey Fluhler, Jazmin Hotham, Shiray Kaka, Tyla Nathan-Wong, Risaleaana Pouri-Lane, Alena Saili, Niall Williams, Tenika Willison, Portia Woodman. Travelling reserves: Terina Te Tamaki and Mahina Paul. Non-travelling reserves: Shakira Baker, Ruby Tui, Manaia Nuku, Tysha Ikenasio.

Men's squad: Leroy Carter, Che Clark, Dylan Collier, Scott Curry, Sam Dickson (captain), Moses Leo, Ngarohi McGarvey-Black, Sione Molia, Tone Ng Shiu, Akuila Rokolisoa, Caleb Tangitau, Regan Ware, Joe Webber. Travelling reserves: Amanaki Nicole, Roderick Solo. Non-travelling reserves: Brady Rush, Kurt Baker, Trael O'Flaherty-Joass, Tim Mikkelson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.