• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2021/22 (World Series, Oceania, Comm Games & R7WC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Well if we are going to win this thing we could not have asked for a better draw

sevens.jpg

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Have to say if you need some inspiration, have a look at the last 30 seconds of girls oz vs kiwi's in comm games. Oz are down 1 player, kiwis have a scrum on oz 20 yardish line.

They put the ball in and send it one wide and Faith Nathan (furthest player in oz backline from the scrum) targets the center for the blacks (from like 10 yards away) and cleans her up.

Troops arrive, Oz gets a turnover and then knock it on, but ref calls game over.

If she didn't do that it was kiwis under the posts and them getting gold and us getting bronze maybe.

Great tackle, got up with some claret on the face but a huge smile which probably won't change for a few months.

Worth rerunning if you get a chance!

She's a magic player with a running style you don't see that often....

It's my favourite moment from the comm games.

Cheers Davo

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Good win puts us in a very strong position! now we just need the ab's to beat the boks & we are a massive shot.

Gunna miss Toole next year hopefully he can make the transition to XV's seemlessly

Wilson

David Codey (61)
With SA having lost to the US and NZ up 17-0 against them at half time, they may not make it out of the pool, which would leave us primed to take the series. One of those rare occasions I'm legitimately cheering for NZ

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
With SA having lost to the US and NZ up 17-0 against them at half time, they may not make it out of the pool, which would leave us primed to take the series. One of those rare occasions I'm legitimately cheering for NZ

I wouldnt say I am cheering, but i'm not unhappy lol, just have to medal now!

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Agreed but if I was asked to pick them/Samoa to go through or NZ/RSA/FIJ i'm picking the 1st option
Well RSA failed to make the top 8 and NZ, Samoa and Argentina are all now in the other side of the draw until the Final. If we beat Kenya in our quarter final we will be up against either Fiji or USA (probably Fiji) in order to get through to the Final.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Day 1 wrap:

SF1 Aus v Fiji
SF2 NZ v Samoa

Aus would have to lose both remaining matches to not take out the Series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.