• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 10-5 Ireland

Thought NZ's ref management almost let them down: Irish were wasting oodles of time (e.g. 45 seconds to pack & feed a scrum FFS), ref didn't seem at all bothered about it & at no time did I see or hear our guys getting in his ear about it (politely, of course).

SF1 NZ v France 12:48 AEDT

With SA & Fiji gone I'll be disappointed if we don't go on to win this.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ 38-0 France who got two guys binned with 2:22 left (game was already long gone by then).

Could be NZ v USA in both Finals, I wonder how often that happens? I can recall NZ v Aus playing in both but must be a fairly rare event.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Men's top 8:

63 NZ
61 USA
59 Argentina
57 SA
55 Samoa
53 France
52 Australia
50 Fiji

Playoff zone:

16 Spain
16 Kenya
13 Canada

Relegation position:

5 Japan

Women's top 6:

58 NZ
54 Australia
50 USA
38 Ireland
34 France
28 GB

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Argentina 14-12 NZ in the men's Cup Final.
Only watched 2 finals, (and that was more than enough), but from what I could see Argentina were well and truly deserved winners, I personally thought they had a couple of unlucky calls against them during game, so was justice anyway. Probably seen my 7s for 2023.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting analysis of NZ Rugbys treatment of 7s and why that was the last World Series leg to be hosted in the country
Haven't lisrened to the podcast Adam, but personally I not sure losing 7s is a loss ,so guess I as bad as anyone Devlin's having a go at. It's not really I think really a sport that is really too seriously supported here or in fact Aus when I spent a month at a weekend World series in Gold Coast. I reckon WR (World Rugby) are right to play the comp in places like Dubai, Hong Kong, States etc to generally give those places just some kind of international rugby.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FnJzMhsXEAAl-s7.jpeg.jpg

Pool C looks the ugliest this Leg.

FnJzLF-WIAAoYOn.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ have added Carlos Spencer's boy Payton to their squad: 14 in it & with him having only gone into the program a few weeks ago I'm guessing he's the travelling reserve.

All Blacks Sevens squad: Akuila Rokolisoa, Amanaki Nicole, Brady Rush, Che Clark, Dylan Collier, Joe Webber, Leroy Carter, Lewis Ormond, Ngarohi McGarvey-Black, Payton Spencer, Regan Ware, Roderick Solo, Sam Dickson, Sione Molia.

Black Ferns Sevens squad: Jazmin Felix-Hotham, Jorja Miller, Michaela Blyde, Niall Guthrie, Portia Woodman-Wickliffe, Risaleaana Pouri-Lane, Sarah Hirini, Shiray Kaka, Stacey Fluhler, Tenika Willison, Theresa Fitzpatrick, Tyla Nathan-Wong, Tysha Ikenasio.