• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’ve got tickets for both days, disappointingly those attending with me on Saturday can’t make it. So I’ll just be attending Sunday now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No draw or even pools for Sydney on the WR (World Rugby) website which is pretty piss-poor given it starts in two days & a few hours time. Pools are on their Twitter so why not the website?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
No draw or even pools for Sydney on the WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) website which is pretty piss-poor given it starts in two days & a few hours time. Pools are on their Twitter so why not the website?
Not sure what the hold up there is but rugby.com.au have the schedule out:

Australian games:

Day 1 (27/1/23)
Aus Women:
Pool C: Australia v Brazil, 1:50 pm
Pool C: Australia v Spain, 8:03 pm

Aus Men:

Pool A: Australia v Great Britain, 4:34 pm

Day 2 (28/1/23)
Aus Women:
Pool C: Australia v Ireland, 1:56 pm

Aus Men:
Pool A: Australia v Canada, 11:12 am
Pool A: Argentina v Australia, 5:17 pm

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I was there yesterday, good weather for Sevens with cloud cover and a breeze, must be brutal today. As you mentioned in the other thread Adam, good vibe, plenty of fun, crowds probably didn't show up well on TV since they were all on the camera side of the ground.

I see the match reports from yesterday suggest the Aussie teams were nervous, I'd agree with that. Maddison Levi is already a star, and still so much potential. I'm sure she'll stay in Sevens, but she could probably be a dominant lock in 15s with that height and speed.

Has anyone seen Henry Patterson and Charlie Gamble in the same room?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Concourse is busy between games also with people escaping the heat, one of the benefits of the new stadium.

Brass band and dance floor
92C77287-17DB-49AB-929A-A2B78E0735FB.jpeg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Keep those pix coming, @Adam84

The Curse of the Men's No. 1 Seed continues: Argentina beaten by GB & will need to beat Australia to qualify for the Cup.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
When Fiji ran out to warm up whilst NZ and RSA were playing, it received the biggest cheer of the day.

Big Fiji population here. I also watched a man cheer for South Africa for 15mins, and then take his jersey off at the end to reveal a Tonga jersey underneath and the cheer on Tonga for the next 15. All in 35 degree heat

32FCF25D-562B-4216-BD3B-3406D101C2F6.jpeg
3C24570F-586D-4849-8DC4-8B2A8E586338.jpeg