• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
GB women gone which is a bonus.

Gotta say I'm dubious wrt the "knocked back" call at the back of that Aus scrum... if it's not a knock-on isn't it accidental offside?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Lol not at all my shadow, It’s a tongue-in-cheek reference to the of French Rugby teams history of been dirty

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Day 2 highlights

Women's SF
USA v France
Ireland v NZ

5th Place SF
GB v Australia
Fiji v Japan

Men's SF
NZ v France
SA v Fiji

5th Place SF
Samoa v Australia
Ireland v GB

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'll be wandering around today after finding some free time in among family things.

Weather still going to be on the warm side but nothing like what we had out here in the northwest yesterday. Plan to get there around 11 to watch our teams, but won't be there all day...

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Also this was the fan zone outside of the stadium between the SFS and SCG, which I only discovered at the end of the day. Good spot to cool down and plenty going on.
423F343F-048D-49E9-B79E-6DB7160D92AD.jpeg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Australia men 10-24 Samoa. Got a bit nasty at the end, one Samoan RC'd for a dangerous lifting tackle/ throw-down & I reckon another will be cited post-match for a cheap-shot punch in the middle thereof. Why the Aus guy got YC'd for retaliation is beyond me, he's literally being assaulted so surely self defence comes into play.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I went on Saturday. My first time at the new stadium. It's all a bit meh, you wouldn't know it's new if you teleported to a seat from 2019.

Fijiian fans are insane - in a good way. Best supported team ever.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Men's SF1 NZ 36-5 France

Hoping Fiji knock SA over in SF2 as that would extend NZ's Series lead whereas a SA win cuts the lead.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brilliant SF2 not least 'cos the more these blokes smack the shit out of each other the better NZ's chances become...

SA 31-5 & hooter has gone.

@qwerty51 what's interesting about Fiji's supporters is that back in the day you hardly ever saw a Fijian of Indian descent in the crowd but they're now there in really big numbers & many of them must part of the post-nativist coups diaspora so you wouldn't necessarily expect them to support a team dominated by if not exclusively ethnic Fijians. Speaks to the ability of sport to transcend politics I guess & has parallels in the way black South Africans have embraced what was once regarded as the white man's game.

Last edited: