• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SH team vs NH team....any aussies in the SH team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
9 Aussies does not seem right to me at first glance but who do you leave out and who is better at their position? Highlights our problem with depth, however. Excellent at the top and then it falls away.

very true. I'll concede that NZ and SA fans would probably probably wouldnt have so many aus players in this team. But I'm Australian so I prefer our top players.

A

AlexH

Assuming a few players return from injury and find form in time for the game...

Starting XV
1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Ben Franks
4. James Horwill
5. Andries Bekker
6. Schalk Burger
7. David Pocock
8. Kieran Read
9. Will Genia
10. Dan Carter
11. Digby Ioane
12. Francois Steyn
13. Richard Kahui
14. Israel Dagg
15. Kurtley Beale

Reserves
16. Bismarck Du Plessis
17. Owen Franks
18. Sam Whitelock
19. Heinrich Brussow
20. Scott Higginbotham
21. Francois Hougaard
22. Sonny Bill Williams

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Assuming a few players return from injury and find form in time for the game...

Starting XV
1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Ben Franks
4. James Horwill
5. Andries Bekker
6. Schalk Burger
7. David Pocock
8. Kieran Read
9. Will Genia
10. Dan Carter
11. Digby Ioane
12. Francois Steyn
13. Richard Kahui
14. Israel Dagg
15. Kurtley Beale

Reserves
16. Bismarck Du Plessis
17. Owen Franks
18. Sam Whitelock
19. Heinrich Brussow
20. Scott Higginbotham
21. Francois Hougaard
22. Sonny Bill Williams

Good team, but I'm confused about why you (and I think others have done this as well) have picked Ben Franks ahead of Owen Franks. It's pretty accepted over in NZ that Owen is the better player, but Ben is good for his utility value.

A

AlexH

Good team, but I'm confused about why you (and I think others have done this as well) have picked Ben Franks ahead of Owen Franks. It's pretty accepted over in NZ that Owen is the better player, but Ben is good for his utility value.

Owen is a better cover for both tighthead and loosehead.

Wait, now I might have the brothers confused.

S

Samo

Hows Ioane been this year post banning, I haven't watched any of the reds games since then but as of the last couple of years he would be in my SH team. Wouldn't be putting Adam Thompson in my SH team until he proves himeself consistently at international level - this isn't the first year he's been a standout at super level and hasn't pushed on in internationals, and I'm an otago fan through and through

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
My side is fairly similar to that of AlexH, but I'll have a crack, all players in form and injury free

1- Tony Woodcock
2- Bismark du Plessis
3- Owen Franks
4- James Horwill
5- Andries Bekker
6- Schalk Burger
7- David Pocock
8- Kieran Reid
9- Will Genia
10- Dan Carter
11- Digby Ioane
12- Jean de Villiers
13- Conrad Smith
14- Israel Dagg
15- Kurtley Beale

Bench: Stephen Moore, Jannie du Plessis, Samuel Whitelock, Richie McCaw, Francois Hougaard/Andy Ellis, Quade Cooper, James O'Connor

The most contested position is probably inside center, with Nonu, SBW and O'Connor all challenging de Villiers. But i think if Jean is in his best form he is great stability that every backline needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.