• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v. Tahs - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNextBigThing

As similar as the two throws looked, Jean Deysel's was far worse. He revealed his cynical motive when he held onto Carter's neck even after the play had moved on. There's no question his aim was to cause harm.

Rhodes may just as easily have caused serious injury to Soakai but it may have been a miscalculation or brainfart (sorry for the technical jargon) he let go as soon as Soakai was clear of the breakdown. I think Soakai should be lucky to escape without a card or suspension though, there are few things more dangerous than striking a man's head while you're standing above him and his back is turned to you.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As similar as the two throws looked, Jean Deysel's was far worse. He revealed his cynical motive when he held onto Carter's neck even after the play had moved on. There's no question his aim was to cause harm.

Rhodes may just as easily have caused serious injury to Soakai but it may have been a miscalculation or brainfart (sorry for the technical jargon) he let go as soon as Soakai was clear of the breakdown. I think Soakai should be lucky to escape without a card or suspension though, there are few things more dangerous than striking a man's head while you're standing above him and his back is turned to you.
Except some prick trying to twist yours off. If Soakai gets suspended, and Rhodes not, the citing process is officially a dead duck.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see that Deysel has been cited, on 2 counts:

Deysel was cited under Foul Play Law 10.4 (e) for dangerous tackling of an opponent without the ball; and Law 10.4 (m) for an act contrary to good sportsmanship.

as have Rhodes and Piutau

Lions flank Michael Rhodes and Highlanders wing Siale Piutau will face SANZAR Judicial Hearings on Monday.

The citings are for an incident in the 59th minute of the match which was won 26-22 by the Lions and in which Rhodes used a headlock to clear Piutau from a ruck.

Piutau retaliated by twice punching Rhodes in the head.

Both players have been cited for acts contrary to good sportsmanship.

M

Maroon Army

I'm salivating at the prospect of having the Waratah front row playing in gold. I have some serious man love for Kepu aswell.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I see that Deysel has been cited, on 2 counts:

as have Rhodes and Piutau

Mixed feelings about Piutau's reaction...

He was well within his rights (imo) to strike him first after what happened to him but he should not have given him a second effort.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Any news on Kepu's injury, he looked to blow his calf again? I hope not.

Slipper got chewed up and spat out by Crocket tonight, and even with a scrummaging hooker beside him I don't know if he will be up to it. We have to be at least competitive at the set piece.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Deans won't pick Baxter either. I think the side for the RWC was set last year on the EOYT and nody else will get a look in regardless of form. It will be Fatcat, Moore Slipper with TPN and Alexander on the bench.

Cyril Towers (30)
Any news on Kepu's injury, he looked to blow his calf again? I hope not.

Slipper got chewed up and spat out by Crocket tonight, and even with a scrummaging hooker beside him I don't know if he will be up to it. We have to be at least competitive at the set piece.

Kepu has a knee MCL strain. Not sure how bad, they can be anywhere from 0-8 weeks. Probably have an MRI tomorrow. I thought Slipper went alright tonight, most of the trouble was on the other side.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
From my viewing Topo the whole scrum was in retreat and the Saders drove which ever shoulder they wanted or drove the whole scrum back as they wished. It was rare that the Reds held firm.

I was intrested to see that in the scrum that Daley was penalised for near the end the Crusaders were going to run the "Ritchie" detached seven run with Reid picking up and feeding Todd (in place of McCaw) who was detached and moving away from the scrum.

Please please use this in the RWC and please refs actually enforce the laws.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Kepu has a knee MCL strain. Not sure how bad, they can be anywhere from 0-8 weeks. Probably have an MRI tomorrow. I thought Slipper went alright tonight, most of the trouble was on the other side.

MCL = Medial cruciate ligament? Don't bad tears of the medial require a full reconstructioin operation? Can you tell if its not too bad before the MRI? Not medically knowledgable, but very worried about losing him for the RWC. He has been a revelation this year and should start for the Wallabies with Slipper on the bench.

Have the Tahs taken another prop to SA or is someone going to have to fly out?

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting that the cited Lions flank Michael Rhodes was with the Sharks until this year. Maybe a technique that the coaching team in Durban has emphasized more that any of the the other teams. Needless, it needs to stop and these citings and the results might take care of it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Baxter was very good when he came on, he seems to have a different set up this year

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So why didn't he let go?

Because he is a dumb fuck? Testosterone? Not enough brain cells? I don't know.

You're missing my point. I am saying what he did was 100% wrong but I think it's a brain explosion and carelessness rather than "oh look here, a neck for me to choke. Let me do maximum damage".

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Interesting that the cited Lions flank Michael Rhodes was with the Sharks until this year. Maybe a technique that the coaching team in Durban has emphasized more that any of the the other teams. Needless, it needs to stop and these citings and the results might take care of it.

Ah. Maybe he Shorks have been having some judo training but obviously not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.