• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v. Tahs - 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
That's the second time I've noticed KB (Kurtley Beale) throw a silly, unnecessary pass in the tackle...unfortunately first was only a falcon, that was a try :(

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Rather interesting call in the scrum there from Kaplan. All in all, the Tahs get a 0 out of 10 for being a man up. Just inept.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
That's the second time I've noticed KB (Kurtley Beale) throw a silly, unnecessary pass in the tackle...unfortunately first was only a falcon, that was a try :(

One of my pet peeves with the Tahs is that they don't take tackles, rely on their support and build pressure. Too many silly flicks and offloads.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Poor from the Waratahs. That was their chance to take points.

Surely that was advantage over? Sharks had clean ball and made the gain line. Kaplan!

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I think he was just subbed with batger to fb and KB (Kurtley Beale) to fh...

Well at 26-21 we will get a bonus point, which could be crucial, but we had the chance to get 4 there. The second half saw the Shorks having more than 2/3 possession and that's tough but as mentioned previously a few times we gifted it to them.

Kaplan was rubbish, as you would expect, but tbh I thought he was less anti-Tahs than usual.

We need to beat the Bulls next week! Simple.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Oh, the irony! Burgess throws a pass that hits Mumm in the head, giving the ball back to the Sharks with three minutes to go.

Kaplan blows a penalty at the other end (must have made him moist) and it's the Sharks who win, 26-21. Kaplan now 2-15 for the Waratahs, but in this game they only have themselves to blame. Comedy of errors at critical moments.

R

RuckinGoodStats

When Deysel in bin, Waratahs put on 3 points, Sharks had Poss=42% Terr=48% & 7 points

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
That loss sucked. The backline defence was really poor. We running out of depth in the backs.

It was at times, although Pietersen is an electric runner and it was only him, in broken play, and Lambie at set piece who showed us up. With first choice 10, 11 and 13 out we're doing ok. Second choice 11 also "out" though how the Reds got to keep their bloke and Tahs lost Kingston I don't know.

If you consider it was second choice 6,7,8,10,11,13 or over 1/3 of the team with some 3rd stringers in the 22 it's a far from disgraceful loss - it's just that given the position in the game we got ourselves into, we could have done better.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
The Tahs also lost Kepu and Cross in the first half. Both were playing well before their injuries.

Sadly they reverted to the Tahs of old in the last twenty. So hopefully next week they will be there for the whole 80.

R

RuckinGoodStats

When Deysel was in the sin bin the Waratahs failed to capitalise by only put on 3 points. Even though the Sharks had 42% possession and 48% territory during this time they scored 7 points.

In the 2nd half the Sharks spent 19% of the 2nd half inside the Waratahs 22 (15% for the entire game), compared with the 3% the Waratahs spent inside the Sharks 22 (5% for the entire game).

The Sharks did reclaim 4 of their own restarts (kick offs/22 drops outs).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was at times, although Pietersen is an electric runner and it was only him, in broken play, and Lambie at set piece who showed us up. With first choice 10, 11 and 13 out we're doing ok. Second choice 11 also "out" though how the Reds got to keep their bloke and Tahs lost Kingston I don't know.

If you consider it was second choice 6,7,8,10,11,13 or over 1/3 of the team with some 3rd stringers in the 22 it's a far from disgraceful loss - it's just that given the position in the game we got ourselves into, we could have done better.

Don't step into the Australia U20's thread...

I raised this point and it didn't go down too well...

B

Blackjack

Why don't the tah's ever surprise me? (in a good way) I really wanted them to do well in RSA so that people would stop people criticising the quality of the australian conference. I'm starting to think they were right. Tah's don't deserve to play finals football, the only top 6 side they've mix it with was the reds in round 2. Spineless in the tough games

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
^^^^^^^^ Agree
There boring to watch the tahs, cleanout is slow,burgess passing is slow and cant get quick ball and when they do they kick it away. When they do the good things and basic rugby it works well, like that set try last night.

Beside that they dont deserve to be in the finals but always seen to squeeze in somehow.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Just watching the replay.

Sharks 7 should be suspended for the remainder of the season. He could have broken carters neck with that move. If Carter had been seriously injured I think he would have had a case for a civil suit. Even worse than the move that injured pocock against the same team. These dangerous wrestling moves need to be eradicated before someone gets put into a wheel chair.

Also noted how poor turners effort was on Pieterson at the start of his run away try. Defense is meant to be a strong point of his game but that effort was average.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just watching the replay.

Sharks 7 should be suspended for the remainder of the season. He could have broken carters neck with that move. If Carter had been seriously injured I think he would have had a case for a civil suit. Even worse than the move that injured pocock against the same team. These dangerous wrestling moves need to be eradicated before someone gets put into a wheel chair.

Yeah, that kind of thing has no place in the game.

It's just as low as eye gouging and hair pulling.

Status
Not open for further replies.