• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012 ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Balcknred

Let's all be honest here the only way to measure success is winning comps , only two teams can say they have been successful in the last 7 years are uni and Eastwood , making the finals every year win successful because 6 other clubs achieve that too

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Let's all be honest here the only way to measure success is winning comps , only two teams can say they have been successful in the last 7 years are uni and Eastwood , making the finals every year win successful because 6 other clubs achieve that too

I don't completely agree here. Whilst the measurement of results is certainly a factor in success, there are obviously other outcomes that indicate success. If Penrith made the top 4 in 2012, by your comment above it would be determined as an unsuccessful year. Yet the rugby community would most likely disagree with you.

B

Balcknred

I don't completely agree here. Whilst the measurement of results is certainly a factor in success, there are obviously other outcomes that indicate success. If Penrith made the top 4 in 2012, by your comment above it would be determined as an unsuccessful year. Yet the rugby community would most likely disagree with you.

that's crap ... You ask any player what their goals are and it's always to win a comp , if it isn't you should be playing Subbies ,

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
that's crap ... You ask any player what their goals are and it's always to win a comp , if it isn't you should be playing Subbies ,
That is not true, all players aim to win but winning is an arbitrary thing.

Winning could mean the opportunity to play top grade regardless of your chances of winning games, it could mean improving on last years results, or it could mean dominating the comp (Uni).

I doubt the guy that moved to have a shot at grade at Penrith or the guys working hard at Para to put decent results and a good club together consider 2011 a failure.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Who will be recruiting hard for next year, Will Dave Harvey remain at Gordon, will Eastwood field a top team again, or where who will Southern Districts pay big money to get across??

He is now playing for RC Narbonne in second division. The team has new Australians stakeholders like Bob Dwyer, MacQuarie Bank and FG Management. Rocky Elsom was visiting and in the stadium for the last game this week end.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
He is now playing for RC Narbonne in second division. The team has new Australians stakeholders like Bob Dwyer, MacQuarie Bank and FG Management. Rocky Elsom was visiting and in the stadium for the last game this week end.

With Harvey at Narbonne, I would imagine he wont be back in Sydney til end of May at the earliest. Assuming they let him come back.

Here's their latest result

http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/game-75188.html

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Melbourne Rebels had a training group in Sydney over the weekend. From all reports just about every bloke there will be playing for Norths this year. Of particular note, was a centre by the name of Chris Tuitara (surname spelling might be inaccurate there, apologies if so). Chris was a VERY good rugby league player who is still quite young. Has gone to rugby because of a contract dispute with Wests Tigers and another club.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Melbourne Rebels had a training group in Sydney over the weekend. From all reports just about every bloke there will be playing for Norths this year. Of particular note, was a centre by the name of Chris Tuitara (surname spelling might be inaccurate there, apologies if so). Chris was a VERY good rugby league player who is still quite young. Has gone to rugby because of a contract dispute with Wests Tigers and another club.

Chris played for Gordon if I remember correctly a few years ago in lower grades.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
This incorrect the majority of the players involved in the camp are not from Norths . There were 5 players from Parra and others including Ethan Ford from Randwick, Tim Bennets and Cam Mitchell from Eastwood , Lachlan Porteous from Penrith and Jacob Woodhouse from Manly.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
This incorrect the majority of the players involved in the camp are not from Norths . There were 5 players from Parra and others including Ethan Ford from Randwick, Tim Bennets and Cam Mitchell from Eastwood , Lachlan Porteous from Penrith and Jacob Woodhouse from Manly.

How many were from Norths though?

Interesting to see that the Tahs must have released Bennetts, Mitchell and Woodhouse. For the two centres in particular, given Tom Carter's inability to catch and pass and Rob Horne's on going injury issues, I would have thought having two good young centres in the system would be of benefit to them.

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
word has it the billionaire who funded Southern Districts for all those years has withdrawn his support of the club and is now financing Norths..........does that count as a Shute Shield 2012 in and out?
Norths are welcome to him

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Steve Cummins Wests( local junior since 6) to Eastwood. Norths and Eastwood the big spenders in 2012.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
How many were from Norths though?

Interesting to see that the Tahs must have released Bennetts, Mitchell and Woodhouse. For the two centres in particular, given Tom Carter's inability to catch and pass and Rob Horne's on going injury issues, I would have thought having two good young centres in the system would be of benefit to them.

They were not released by the Tahs, more that they were in the Waratah Academy which was disbanded with the new ARU system. I think all are in the ARU National Academy, not sure on Mitchell. I can't be arsed checking the list.

B

Bucko

Steve Cummins Wests( local junior since 6) to Eastwood. Norths and Eastwood the big spenders in 2012.

Unless Eastwood come up with some more sponsorship, I can assure you they will not be a big spender in 2012.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Lachlan Porteous from Penrith to Norths. Liam Windon confirmed from Wests to Norths. Liam Winton formerly of Penrith but late of Brumbies to Sydney Uni. David Coventry from Penrith to Warringah. Travis Church from Gordon to France.

Status
Not open for further replies.