• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Alcock and Macafrey jnr were particularly good, as was Snowden(good Tamworth Pirates lad).
Well done Woodies. I look forward to our next encounter.

Topo, do you have a connection with Pirates (Tamworth)? I was with Pirates many moons ago:)

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Just watched the eastwood vs uni game - great game of rugby. What about the eastwood turnover scrum 5metres out from their own line with a man down....Even myself as a former back can appreciate that feat against a strong uni side

Cyril Towers (30)
Just watched the eastwood vs uni game - great game of rugby. What about the eastwood turnover scrum 5metres out from their own line with a man down..Even myself as a former back can appreciate that feat against a strong uni side
yep, that was great work from big Barry Fa'amusila. Nailed the 2nd shove through the uni LHP side while the students were mucking around with it at the back.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Always good to see an actual contest for the ball at Scrum time.

Helps to keeps the meerkat loosies honest.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some really sad news out of club rugby last weekend.

Norths second grade player, Seti Tafua suffered a severe spinal injury and is unlikely to walk again.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/7182508/Horror-rugby-injury-for-local-lad

It is my understanding that a charitable trust is being set up in his name in Australia to help raise money for his ongoing treatment and support.

Originally from Wellington, I believe you can donate already at ANZ bank branches however this seems to be a New Zealand only thing.

Z

ZaZu

This outstanding footballer who has worked, trained and played alongside his second row partner and best friend for the past 3 years will be sadly missed from the rugby field of Sydney Australia. His beautiful girlfriend Katie and Ben have been staying at the hospital to provide support to Seti and his family. Even in this devastating predicament, his smile, his gratitude to everyone for their kindness and love to him has not waned. It is a very long road for everyone to travel now, so fellow friends, let us show undying support raising as much money for Seti and his family, as we never want have to travel his unfortunate path in life.

Just remember Seti and his smile in this beautiful song:

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it’s breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You’ll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what’s the use of crying?
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

R

rugbyfan

Horrible news that unfortunately is the risk with playing such a high-contact sport in one of the best competitions in the world.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family, as I'm sure they would be devastated.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Souths good season has come with a cost, rugbynews reports that flanker Sean Doyle is off to Ulster, Dewet Roos to Narbonne, Nicky Price to another French club and BKH to a Japanese club.. we need a 3rd tier.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Souths good season has come with a cost, rugbynews reports that flanker Sean Doyle is off to Ulster, Dewet Roos to Narbonne, Nicky Price to another French club and BKH to a Japanese club.. we need a 3rd tier.

Hearing you, good players get lost out of the nursery each year, I strugle to understand we have the strongest premier comp in the country and the tahs are yet to win a Super tittle. The players we've lost over seas, or to other provinces is far to long - way back to when the brumbies took titles with the likes of been our 2nd XV.
Last year we signed an injured Rocky, and an injured Vickerman, some halfback from SA who has played only a few games this year.

A fix, I'm not sure but it is something that I think the ARU needs to address - we sit second just ahead of South Africa - but the nursery "our Super Teams, and 3rd Tier" needs to be built and looked after.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Opinions on the Red Card issued to Eastwood No. 6 Gareth Palamo :S

It wasn't Gareth Palamo but it was silly of Namoa to carry out. Not too sure a red was warranted, certainly a yellow but not too sure about the red. Either way it was decisive in its process which you have to applaud the officials for.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

The ever constant conundrum of Aus Rugby. What we really need, and how to best do it. Having watched the Shute Shield today, the standard this season is good but we could create something above it that could be just that much better.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Two Blues unable to match Uni's pace and intensity in the first half, eventually losing 38-5 after being down 31-0 at the break.

Other scores:
Warringah 47 Penrith 10
Eastwood 25 Souths 31
Wests 48 Randwick 36
Gordon 0 Manly 29

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Two Blues unable to match Uni's pace and intensity in the first half, eventually losing 38-5 after being down 31-0 at the break.

Other scores:
Warringah 47 Penrith 10
Eastwood 25 Souths 31
Wests 48 Randwick 36
Gordon 0 Manly 29

Eastwood bloody well won! Thanks for spoiling my night!

Status
Not open for further replies.