• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
I did a bit of research into the various "Shute Shield 2012" websites given the importance of this marketing tool. Quality/quantity of content, richness of site, and currency were considered. Top of class were Syd Uni and Norths, with honourable mentions to Randwick and Southern Districts. Bottom of class was Eastwood - doesn't look as if much has happened since the 2011 GF. Need to do better included Manly, Easts, and Warringah.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
one of my pet hates on this website is people straying from the topic of the thread. the past two posts are neither interesting or related in any way to the topic of the thread. if we could stop going of on a tangent and get on with talking about the Shute Shield. Thankyou.

In relation to the clubs i think are in financial trouble, probably add warringah to the mix..

Mate, until you have been around as long as Bruce and have the respect of the rugby community like he has I suggest you look, listen and learn, you might actually learn something about the etiquette on this site. No one is at at a tangent, simply enjoy the rich tapestry that makes up the G&G family.

bigtoughguy

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks for your comment. With comments like that, all your going to do is start a war. Lets just get on with the topic: Shute Shield Rugby 2012. Interesting to see how Southern Districts will go this year without cash.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Thanks for your comment. With comments like that, all your going to do is start a war. Lets just get on with the topic: Shute Shield Rugby 2012. Interesting to see how Southern Districts will go this year without cash.

What happened to their Sugar Daddy?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The committee at Southern Districts and Maloney didn't see eye to eye on a few things resulting in a parting of the ways. There was an article in the SMH about a fortnight ago mentioning Maloney's intention to become a major sponsor of the Tahs.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The committee at Southern Districts and Maloney didn't see eye to eye on a few things resulting in a parting of the ways. There was an article in the SMH about a fotrnight ago mentioning Maloney's intention to become a major sponsor of the Tahs.
The committee at Southern Districts and Maloney didn't see eye to eye on a few things resulting in a parting of the ways. There was an article in the SMH about a fotrnight ago mentioning Maloney's intention to become a major sponsor of the Tahs.

Presumably the first step in taking them into private ownership. Let's hope our mining magnates are a bit more intelligent than the Palmers and Tinklers of this parish.

C

CoachTB

OK - Anyone brave enough to take an early wild stab at the teams that will line up for the finals series in this years Shute Shield Competition. With it now being an 8 team finals series probably easier to name the 4 sides that will miss out, based on 2011 the 4 sides to miss out would be;

Penrith
Parramatta
Gordon
Warringah

Any advances on this bunch?

T

Tahboy

Looks about right, parramatta could be a chance to sneak in but with it being based on club championship points this could be there downfall especially if they can't field the 4 grade and 3 colts sides.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
It is interesting too see that Randwick actually turned a profit of $10k last year from a revenue of about $900,000. So they are not as stumped for cash as you would believe. Although they did call upon $100k of the $250 raised last year for their Foundation so could well have been a loss.
Sydney Uni's Foundation from memory is worth between $2-3 mil which is a phenomenal achievement. I reckon all clubs could raise a lot for Foundations if they had the punters to run it - as with everything it requires a huge amount of effort.
How are Norths looking financially these days?

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Sione Piukala from Eastwood has apparently signed a contract with Perpignan.
Is he good?
Excellent season last year with the Premiers Eastwood. Played with aplomb in the grand final against a team that had Tom Carter and Tom Kingston opposite him in the centres.

bigtoughguy

Stan Wickham (3)
Gordon in absolute all sorts financially????
Parra are going allright for coin aren't they? Doing ok in the 7's tournaments of late too?

M

mushtaq

Quick report from Penrith. Getting more numbers to training but still not a lot of quality. There is the makings of a decent forward pack but the backs look thin. In desperate need of a quality number 10.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Quick report from Penrith. Getting more numbers to training but still not a lot of quality. There is the makings of a decent forward pack but the backs look thin. In desperate need of a quality number 10.
Are they offering up any incentives to potential players? I know that they lost a few guys to Blue Mountains Subbies, as was mentioned here.

M

mushtaq

Are they offering up any incentives to potential players? I know that they lost a few guys to Blue Mountains Subbies, as was mentioned here.

They have signed a few Kiwi boys (6 of the 8 in the forward pack are from NZ at this stage). From what I know they are being set up with jobs and are also being paid to play as well. Don't know the finer details of the deals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.