• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
I hear that the guys in the Wallaby squad who are outside the 22 will be released to come back for this weekend. Ryan for Uni, Neville for Manly and the HB for the Hobbits.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does the usual qualification for finals requirements apply to players who have been absent on representational duties (S15 and Men In Gold squad/ES) or is there a general blanket dispensation for representative players?

Cyril Towers (30)
Does the usual qualification for finals requirements apply to players who have been absent on representational duties (S15 and Men In Gold squad/ES) or is there a general blanket dispensation for representative players?
Ryan and Neville have definitely qualified. Not sure about HB.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I think you'll find that Parramatta played in the semi's in the split comp in either 2006 or 2007. .
2007 was the year that the First Grade Club Rugby Grand Final was in July to cater for the ARC. There was then the Trevor Allan Shield while the ARC was on. In First Grade, 6 teams made the semis which did not include Parramatta. The bottom 6 teams also played "semis" which I think resulted in a Gordon win over Manly in the consolation final. I don't think you can count this as Parra qualifying for the semis.

juniors spectator

Stan Wickham (3)
Rep playe
rep players had to play 2 games for their club in order to qualify for finals...quite a fair rule.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Norths appealed to have Cam Crawford play but lost the appeal. The rules were upheld which stated that Rep players had to play at least 2 games for their club in order to qualify for finals.

Exactly my point, releasing him is pointless because he's not allowed to play.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
I hear Briggs (Penrith Coach) is heading to west harbour next year, any truth to that rumour?

Briggs has wanted out for over a year. He interviewed at Easts for this year and I also hear he made himself available to another western sydney club.

Any news on his replacement at Penrith? They will need to get the appointment right. Briggs will be taking his significant cash with him

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Spot on. Frankly the board, coaching and administration of Parramatta in the 8 or so years leading up to 2010 was nothing short of disgraceful, particularly in the period immediately before and after the Leagues club pulled out. Nonetheless, that's in the past and we have a whole new committed and smart admin and coaching set up plus a very helpful major sponsor who provide some cash but a lot of back end support. Colts and lower grades will be a focus next year. A Colts co-ordinator has been appointed and he will bring with him a significant group of talented players, along with our 17's and others from the village clubs. The slow build continues.

Keep it up Ryan. I spent part of the game on Sunday with your GM. He was clearly disappointed in the performance but I couldn't but help but think this is just the start of his plans.

And I have to say, you brought a great crowd down to the seaside for the game.......was fantastic to see. Well done Two Blues on a fantastic season.

someguy

Frank Row (1)
How can uni 3rd grade have two players that i believe(correct me if im wrong) have just turned up a week or so before the finals, one had previously played stade francais and the other for London Irish, Wasps, Northampton & Newcastle as well as England Saxons (England A) and they are eligible to play finals?

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting to look at the player points from last weekend (keeping in mind that the maximum allowed is 100):
Norths = 65 + 30 (bench) = 95
Eastwood = 62 + 24 = 86
Parramatta = 29 + 9 = 38
Manly = 55 + 18 = 73
(Note: I've assumed they were all fresh reserves, but they may not have been)

Sydney Uni 2 weeks ago = 42 so they could still fit in a few more S15 players this week if available
I wonder if the Brumbies will release Cam Crawford to Norths?

My understanding is that fresh reserves' points do not count in the finals as it would not be fair on those teams who do not have lower grades playing. The Souths team vs Eastwood were worth 99 points - with an extra 10 on the bench, so they came in under the cap if bench points don't count in the finals. Interesting to see that they have named the same team for this weekend apart from the tight head prop who has been changed. This adds 10 points to the side so as far as I can tell, the team they have named to play manly is worth 109 points.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Promoting club rugby.
I have only seen certain clubs use GGR as a tool to market the code, their club, and to communicate with the rugby audiance.
How could GGR be promoted to benifit the game and club rugby, the crew from the 2 Blu's are a great example.
Should each club have there own GGR membership under the Club Rugby tab?
Dave I reckon there's value in this and I also note recent posts from Craig Hawkings at Souths. We certainly can't rely on traditional forums such as rugby news ABC and of course the organ of elite rugby the SMH

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
How can uni 3rd grade have two players that i believe(correct me if im wrong) have just turned up a week or so before the finals, one had previously played stade francais and the other for London Irish, Wasps, Northampton & Newcastle as well as England Saxons (England A) and they are eligible to play finals?
More details someguy? Presumably you have access to lower grade team sheets ahead of the rest of us . Nothing coming out of Uni would surprise me but if the players arrived just before the finals they may have qualified

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
My understanding is that fresh reserves' points do not count in the finals as it would not be fair on those teams who do not have lower grades playing. The Souths team vs Eastwood were worth 99 points - with an extra 10 on the bench, so they came in under the cap if bench points don't count in the finals. Interesting to see that they have named the same team for this weekend apart from the tight head prop who has been changed. This adds 10 points to the side so as far as I can tell, the team they have named to play manly is worth 109 points.

Your forgetting - Less the Salary Cap (alledged) shenanigan allowance they may have accured.

Status
Not open for further replies.